1970 Torino 4 dr 429CJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very cool car, a hot rod in sheep’s clothing.
So far the minor things you’ve found that need attention are minimal. I am sure you’ll find more things that it needs, after all, it is 54 years old. Since this is 1 of 6 cars, I wonder if yours is the only one left.

A very cool car, a hot rod in sheep’s clothing.
So far the minor things you’ve found that need attention are minimal. I am sure you’ll find more things that it needs, after all, it is 54 years old. Since this is 1 of 6 cars, I wonder if yours is the only one left.
Fleet car so cop car ?

Fleet car so cop car ?
Could be, but it if it was for police use I would think they would have made a lot more of them.
Back in the day, a friend of mine had a full size 4dr mercury with a 428 police interceptor. It had a 140 mph speedometer. I think it was an ex California highway patrol car.

Could be, but it if it was for police use I would think they would have made a lot more of them.
Back in the day, a friend of mine had a full size 4dr mercury with a 428 police interceptor. It had a 140 mph speedometer. I think it was an ex California highway patrol car.
Nice 👍 also notice his car is a special paint color black

Absolutely gorgeous.! Soon will be a great daily driver again! Congratullations!

Nice 👍 also notice his car is a special paint color black
PO painted it black. It was yellow when he got it but there is evidence the yellow was a repaint (yellow paint on door weatherstrip), Eventually I will pull a door panel and hope to see what the color was. Black was a regular option in 70 from what I saw.

A VERY knowledgeable Torino friend asked me about the speedo. He was thinking the cop Torinos came with a 140 speedo and they are crazy rare. All indications are it is the original speedo (one year only, 71 includes a 5 and 115, 70 does not).

PO painted it black. It was yellow when he got it but there is evidence the yellow was a repaint (yellow paint on door weatherstrip), Eventually I will pull a door panel and hope to see what the color was. Black was a regular option in 70 from what I saw.
That might be overspray from a repair, too, unless it's everywhere.

That might be overspray from a repair, too, unless it's everywhere.
Yeah. I will just need to figure it out. Need to get my vert done, then redo all the suspension rubber on Mexican car and THEN build a table for the basket case vert.....then I can sort the Torino.

Back