1971 Boss 351 Theft Recovery

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agree 100%. That's why ferrari had strings from the inside to open doors to save on weight! And these were 10 times the cost of bosses. If you're serious about performance, creature comforts mean little.

Last edited by a moderator:
How times have changed. In the late 60's, "the guys" would rip on you if you had power steering and brakes. Many muscle offerings had a rubber floor covering, and no carpeting. The more spartan the vehicle, the more serious the pavement-pounder. A/C? don't make me laugh. How many ads for classic cars now say "originally an A/C car, but no longer installed." They threw the stuff on the garage floor.

The new technology is incredible. Best of both worlds now. I feel like the old stuff is like comparing the stage coaches (for comfort and luxury) to modern stuff. I also think the average new Shelby buyer today wouldn't last 2 minutes driving the old ones. And he doesn't need to ! Incredible horsepower off the showroom floor, with cup-holders! Our old musclecars are becoming revered antique heirlooms, that hold our respect and nostalgia, but I don't think they can continue to compete with new stuff, for many more years. Don't get me wrong, I still have the passion, but I it sure feels good to ride in the mini-van or SUV when its 100 degrees outside, like today.

Yep and back then..where were those little handheld thingymajiggers you can call someone when broke down instead of having to walk miles in said heat to nearest cstore.

I feel like the old stuff is like comparing the stage coaches (for comfort and luxury) to modern stuff. but I don't think they can continue to compete with new stuff, for many more years.
I'm going to totally disagree with you on the above cut & paste from your post.

This has to be one of the best times ever for availability of modern updated components that are available to upgrade our cars & others to bring them up todays standards. There are some amazing builds coming out of the top shops that have all the creature comforts of modern cars..Handling that's just as good if not better...modern computer controlled engines..& the list goes on & on all wrapped up in a vintage platform.. Take a look my build for example..Look at the front suspension I'm using..the brakes...tires...wheels..Going with a 6 speed with electronic paddle shifter..& I may just swap a new boss 302 engine in there too !

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2012_BOSS_302_5_0L_444HP_CRATE_ENGINE_p/m-6007-m50b.htm

The skys the limit these days !! I posted up a video the other day of what I'm shooting for with my build..Although the car is a charger (could very well be a mustang) the owner & the build nailed it & it just goes to show what can be done (starts at 6:27 in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHyZgP84IJU

Back