1971 Mach 1 7.3 gas 10r80

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the project coming along? I am contemplating a swap of the same with my 71 C code. Was thinking of adapting an aftermarket Fox K member designed for the swap. Would be really interested in your progress. Have you determined about the trans. clearance in the tunnel yet?
I have not, fit transmission yet, hoping for the best but regardless it’s going in
I have not fit transmission yet, hoping for the best but regardless it’s going in 🤩
The Late model front subframe s550 (2015-current) is “thick” at mount positions, to strip to minimum structure easily(in my opinion) a common level plane was made at the sway bar mount i believe that was 4ish” lopped off, The coilovers need to be moved out to fender mount area, right now the car is sitting 2” over stock ride height, with 26” tires( 18” rim minimum, brakes are substantially larger)
All stock , not sweating the 2” ,,,,,,,
Yet.

Factory frame has not been altered however, it will be in this location for the front sway bar ( will be a Radius,mouse hole ) however it may be substantial on one side for sway bar replacement.
This is also the level the subframe was cut/lopped/leveled too.

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpeg
    IMG_3832.jpeg
    906.3 KB · Views: 0
Back