1971 Mustang 429 CJ-R C6 Japanese Export

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True Diego but comparing this to some other marti reports there seems to be some variation in how the numbers are reports. I'm trying to get some clarification. What I do know for sure is that not all DSO 91 cars were exported to Japan and not all Cars that were exported to Japan are DSO 91 either.

I have found about 15 Japanese Mustangs so far and am working on putting together a buyers guide.

True Diego but comparing this to some other marti reports there seems to be some variation in how the numbers are reports.
Could you expand on this?

For example, if you're talking about 1969 Mach Is, I understand since Marti doesn't distinguish between SportsRoofs. But most any other Marti I've seen shows specifics for a particular model and body style.

I have seen some instances where the statistics provided vary from report to report so I question the validity of some (not all) of the numbers provided.

It could have been shipped there to be modified into a Japanese Police Car! I know I sound crazy saying this but there were actually 71-73 Mustangs that were used in Japan to be able to catch up to criminals and people who speed because the Japanese police cars of that time were very, very slow, so they used Mustangs instead!

http://www.stangtv.com/image/2012/10/japanese-mach1.jpg[/img]

At first thought I was convinced this was one of Ford's knock down kit cars. But now I think all Mustangs destined for Japan were required tp be modified for use there. Marubeni was an importer who made such mods. To further confuse, all Mustangs in Japan (and other countries) did not carry a Dearborn-issued VIN.

Ray

Mark,

I remember when I sat there on the computer with my finger on the enter button. The seconds were ticking off and I kept telling myself I did not need another project, lol. I had a bid of $31,000 entered on the screen but kept myself from hitting enter, lol.

I knew I had too many as it is. I always wondered why someone change the interior color? That was another reason I did not hit enter. I would probably have bid if the interior was still white.

Seems like I have to make myself not bid every week somewhere. I passed on a pretty rust free Red fastback, never painted at an estate auction two weeks ago. Went for $3,000 and he drove the car home.

I am sure you enjoying having it.

I had a Grabber Green 71 Maverick I like the color some do not.

David

At first thought I was convinced this was one of Ford's knock down kit cars.  But now I think all Mustangs destined for Japan were required tp be modified for use there.  Marubeni was an importer who made such mods.  To further confuse, all Mustangs in Japan (and other countries) did not carry a Dearborn-issued VIN.

Ray
Ray,

Actually my car has both a Dearborn vin in all the usual spots along with a unique Japanese vin which is stamped on the drivers side shock tower.  I did meet someone from the Ford DSO office a few monrh ago who advise don't me that the vehicle would have been modified in Japa.

There is so much information on this site I have never read. I just got through reading about Marks' export car. I don't know how I missed it on Ebay! I would have definitely bid if I had seen it. I wonder if I will ever find a deal like that one in the future!

There is so much information on this site I have never read. I just got through reading about Marks' export car. I don't know how I missed it on Ebay! I would have definitely bid if I had seen it. I wonder if I will ever find a deal like that one in the future!
You could always temp me with a car who's vin starts with 2F03R.......... :D

Back