1971 Mustang Coupe Restoration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you found the site! It looks like your coupe is in pretty original condition. Did you find any pieces of build sheets under the carpet or seats?
lol i don't know about build sheets, but there were some papers under the carpets tattered beyond recognition.

Welcome to the forum, good looking project! Are you going to replace the floorpans yourself? Are they good enough to just patch them?
yea, i'm planning to replace the floor pans myself.....from the looks of it im gonna have to get full floors.

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG

finally got the engine out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you found the site! It looks like your coupe is in pretty original condition. Did you find any pieces of build sheets under the carpet or seats?
lol i don't know about build sheets, but there were some papers under the carpets tattered beyond recognition.

Welcome to the forum, good looking project! Are you going to replace the floorpans yourself? Are they good enough to just patch them.

Where is Ontario are you? Going to visit my mum in Northumberland County (Cobourg) in July; if you're close enough, I'd like to stop by and see your coupe. Am finishing a 72 Mach 1 myself.

yea, i'm planning to replace the floor pans myself.....from the looks of it im gonna have to get full floors.

Welcome to the forum, good looking project! Are you going to replace the floorpans yourself? Are they good enough to just patch them.

Where is Ontario are you? Going to visit my mum in Northumberland County (Cobourg) in July; if you're close enough, I'd like to stop by and see your coupe. Am finishing a 72 Mach 1 myself.

Not to hijack this thread....but Ponypaster if you're going to Cobourg....stop by for a beer....I'm in Ancaster

Unfortunately i'm in British Columbia.....

I'm in the process of trying to remove the Dash Pad. I removed the 3 screws on the driver side, 3 on the passenger side, and 2 in the middle and it still wont budge.... can anyone help me with this??

On a completely unrelated matter, what ya guys think of this stang

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/2315551320.html
If it really has "no rust" then the price is a steal.

Unfortunately i'm in British Columbia.....

I'm in the process of trying to remove the Dash Pad. I removed the 3 screws on the driver side, 3 on the passenger side, and 2 in the middle and it still wont budge.... can anyone help me with this??

On a completely unrelated matter, what ya guys think of this stang

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/2315551320.html
If it really has "no rust" then the price is a steal.
Thats what I was thinking...damn, no room or money for 2 projects!!

Been awhile, haven't got much work done considering I only get half a day to work on it a week......sucks

Little bit of an update, not much though.

Got my can of Rust bullet ready!!!

IMG_0394.JPG

Gutted the dash, headliner, and began to strip the factory seam sealer

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

Hey guys, been a while.....

A bit of an update so far......slow progress though

Floor welded in

[attachment=8216]

[attachment=8217]

[attachment=8218]

Engine compartment paint removal and cowl repair

[attachment=8219]

[attachment=8220]

Cowl repair

[attachment=8221]

[attachment=8222]

[attachment=8223]

[attachment=8224]

[attachment=8225]

[attachment=8226]

Rust Bullet Engine Comparment

[attachment=8227]

[attachment=8228]

Tail Light Panel Replacement

[attachment=8229]

[attachment=8230]

[attachment=8231]

Rust Bullet and Seam sealed interior

[attachment=8232]

Rust Bullet X2 and Blackshell X2 on the underbody

[attachment=8233]

Thats it for now.

I am in the process of getting the fenders,doors,valance media blasted and bodywork......not fun

Hey guys, been a while.....

A bit of an update so far......slow progress though

Floor welded in

IMG_3894.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

Engine compartment paint removal and cowl repair

IMG_4738.JPG

IMG_4739.JPG

Cowl repair

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5189.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

IMG_5273.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

Rust Bullet Engine Comparment

IMG_5279.JPG

IMG_5415.JPG

Tail Light Panel Replacement

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5525.JPG

IMG_7013.JPG

Rust Bullet and Seam sealed interior

IMG_7231.JPG

Rust Bullet x2 and BlackShell X2 on the undebody

IMG_7251.JPG

Alan..Looks great !!! I see you used alot of my techniques, advice , & material recommendations ! ::goodjob::

YES I DID SCOTT!! I Pretty much watched every one of your videos 4-5 times each. And I also read all the recommendation and advices you posted in other's threads and studied them LOL

I am not a stalker.......ahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys!!

looks great, how did you get the engine bay to bare metal?
I used a chemical paint stripper first to remove the easy stuff, then wire wheeled, and finally D.A. with 80 grit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back