• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Convertible Q Code 1 of 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpxr400

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Q Code Convertible
Hey everybody, I am selling my 72 Mustang convertible. This is a documented 1 of 1 car per the Marti report (see link with images below)

QCode 351CJ C6 automatic

This car is well optioned - per the Marti Report:

Black Knit Vinyl Bucket Seats

3.25 Traction Lok Rear Axle

Black Power Top with Glass Backlite

F60x15 Belted RWL Tires

Power Steering

Power Brakes

Air Conditioner

AM/FM Radio

Protection Group (bumper guards)

Tinted Glass

Power Windows

Magnum 500 Wheels

Competition Suspension

Everything works except the A/C

The car runs and drives excellent. The body is in great shape - with a minor paint flaw by the driver's door. It's hard to capture in a pic but was a repair to a paint chip.

There is no visible rust on the exterior of this car. No rust bubbles anywhere. No trunk rust.

This was a Texas car (DSO 52 - Dallas)

The a/c does not work. I have not had it diagnosed in the time I've had it. All the parts are there.

This car was originally 6F gold glow but was painted correct 1972 2B bright red by the previous owner.

The car currently has an Edelbrock 1405 4V carburetor. The original carb needs rebuilding. Original carb is included in with the car.

Underside is 100% solid - no rust anywhere - except mild surface rust.

Interior is excellent. Driver seat is showing minor wear (see pic)

Convertible top is excellent - with one small tear - about 1/4" long (see pic)

FACTORY ORIGINAL/OEM Magnum 500s!! They have part numbers stamped in them (see pics).

Space saver spare tire, with canister.

There is a small trans pan drip.

Selling because I've always been a classic Cougar guy and I'm going back to my roots.

See pics, ask questions.

I have 57 photos available to view. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmdzSZUY

Marti reports are at the end of the pics.

Asking $19,500.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Too bad they changed the color Gold Glow looks way better than the red.

I have the step sister to this one. 72 Q, C-6, Gold Glow, Ginger interior and is also a one of one due to AM / 8 Track. Seems like a lot of the 72 Q codes survived with only 330 being made in automatic.

Good luck on sale.

David

Back