1972 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmmm70

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang convertible
Hi all. I have a '72 convertible that looks very straight as far as bodywork, however from sitting the floorboards and torque boxes are completely shot, to the point the steering box isn't attached to anything. I have someone to install needed parts, however I'm having the dreaded problem of not having an aftermarket source for the front torque boxes. Hoping to get some direction on here for sourcing boxes that can be used/modified for use.
This car has original green paint, all be it quite faded. White top, white interior, 302 automatic. Engine turns over and runs well.

Attachments

• 6420.jpeg
    6420.jpeg
    794 KB · Views: 3
Howdy and welcome from Texas! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. You'll find some real helpful advice and encouragement here. As for the parts you're looking for contact Mike @Motorcity Mustang. He's in your state and a member here. He has helped many of us find good used parts for our builds. Also, check with Don at Ohio Mustang Supply @OMS He's another great source for new and used parts.
Keep us posted on your progress!

welcome from delaware. for me if i say what u are looking at i'd pass. but that's me. there are some here that take on some really heavy projects and it blows my mine. i got my '73 vert about 2 months ago. the underside u could eat off of, not a speck of rust. i lucked out. good luck with yours for sure.

Another welcome and hello from Texas. Good luck with the sheet metal work, and as already stated, Mike and Don are great resources! Additionally, there are many other members on this board who have already completed this part of their build and can offer their uniques perspective as well. Thanks for saving another one!

Welcome from Missouri. Dynacorn makes the entire front structure section (aprons and shock tower and frame). I do not recall if they had the torque boxes not if there were different assemblies for a vert. I steered a guy to Kentucky Mustang about a year ago as they had them in stock. They are not cheap plus the labor to install you could likely find a better starting point for a car for the same money or less. Of course if there is a sentimental reason to restore the car then damn the torpedoes. Mike or Don may have something.

Back