1972 MACH I, 351C-2V, FMX Trans

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: from Maine, neat story.

Thank you everyone for the kind responses.

I was in my shop digging through some notes and found some other photos from days (years) gone by.

The little one in the photo with the much younger me was 6 in these photos and is now graduating high school this year.

1zqy8wp.jpg

2hh20wy.jpg

The preservation steps I took with the body panels were to clean, bead blast, prime, and then paint the inner side of the skins. I figure this will aid in rust through protection for many years. Heck, maybe one day my little helper will rip this car apart and restore fully.

vmsizp.jpg

xfov0x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, Sorry I have been gone so long. 8 months, wow, where has the time gone. I have made some forward movement on the 72 MACH, and will try to update this thread soon. Hope all is well, and look forward to catching up on the former and current projects.

Putting all of the years into prospective since starting this project, well these photos tell part of the story. My little girl from 2001 became my little girl in 2013 at high school graduation and now in collage.

Also my little helper and I installed the new gas tank and painted some parts.

We also successfully started the engine and timed it. Yep, I am still running the points ignition system. I did have to dig out my old dwell meter, and my points were right on.

FALL 2001.jpg

2013 Grad.JPG

IMG_5382.JPG

PIC-1732.jpg

PIC-1751.jpg

Awesome! I love seeing pictures of how mine's supposed to go back together someday [soon]. ::thumb::

Can someone help me here? I am attempting to load a couple of videos, but can't seem to find how to post them to this thread.
Use the TV icon in the message compiler (far right and pull the drop down menu to select the video host).

Failing that, link to the channel or the playlist for easy reference.

-Kurt

Look what I saw on the road to Tulsa yesterday. It should make someone happy.
There was a nearly identical '71 on the local Craigslist not long ago. Not sure if this is the same one, but it sure looks it.

-Kurt

Happy New Year everyone on this second day of 2015. I have not made much progress since my last post except to drive the car in its current state around the block a couple of times.

I have now restarted the effort to get it on the road now. During the 2014 Christmas holiday I cleaned another project from my shop and took some time to insolate the walls, then moved the Mach I into the shop from the house garage.

My goal is to have this car on the road by winters end and just put some time on her for awhile.

I will try and take some updated photos for you and continue to update on the progress.

Great to be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back