• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Mustang Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The video worked fine for me. This is just my opinion... But if this car is as its represented, how could it be worth less than the asking price?? I understand why you'd want to pay less but come on forum members... This looks like a legit car and a fellow member/owner Is trying to sell his car. Let's treat him the way we'd want to be treated if the roles were reversed. Good luck on your sale.

Sent from my RCT6573W23 using Tapatalk

Noooooo! Leave it original. It is too close to go away from that!

OK just my opinion.

:)

Ray
Totally respect your opinion! That's what makes this such a great site! The logic I use is that if it's rare in anyway, it probably should be kept original. If it's not, it's typically more valuable with "improvements". Of course, everything you do is subjective and the only way to actually measure it is when you sell.

Cheers!

Noooooo! Leave it original. It is too close to go away from that!

OK just my opinion.

:)

Ray
Totally respect your opinion! That's what makes this such a great site! The logic I use is that if it's rare in anyway, it probably should be kept original. If it's not, it's typically more valuable with "improvements". Of course, everything you do is subjective and the only way to actually measure it is when you sell.

Cheers!
Original...shmoriginal. rofl

I like the colors - so I'd keep it the same in that regard, but sorry - those hubcaps gotta go (at least to a corner of the garage, nicely stacked). Anything I would do to it, could be easily "undone" if originality were ever to become a "selling" point. I see a maroon-colored version of Greg's car (but with Cragar S/Ss having the correct offset ;) )

OH - how I wish I could just come get it (but she said no... I already asked). :shy:

Down here in the south with the rains never ending was looking at some old posts. I did look at your car when it was on eBay. I do not really understand why these cars do not bring much money. They are a much better car than say a 65, 66, 67 and even a much better car than 70.

I have watched the pricing and selling of these cars close this year and have bought 2, 73 verts and 3. 72 verts. One of the 72 vets was strictly a parts car in my book but some on this site would dig in and restore it. Another was a crashed car that I bought to get the interior, top and some trim pieces along with a new stainless exhaust for the Q vert.

I have looked at hundreds probably thousands of cars on cl and eBay and purchased three off craigslist and two off eBay.

I always talk to the owners on the phone either on cl or eBay before I make an offer or bid. If you look at the bidders on eBay the early ones are just people playing the feel good game of bidding early knowing they will not get it. You might even see where they have had to pull bids that they won not wanting the item just bidding.

I am not knocking your car down at all I like the color and have a 65 that is burgundy. It has good options and is a pretty solid car then I have to throw the BUT word in. But t
he market is just not there for these cars and I do not think it will ever be there. I do not expect to ever sell mine to make a dollar just not there. I see the cars at the BIG dealers with the 50 pictures showing all their errors in their builds and when you contact them they get offended because you noticed the car was not correct. They tell you how great they are and you don't know anything. I do not see how they sell the cars for into the 30's like some are priced. They are flippers and not trying to restore a car just give it eye candy so you are blinded by all the shine.

For the money your car is better you know what is there before layers of bondo and paint are put down for the flip.

To the members looking always remember you are probably going to not get a great car if it has been shined up but if you buy one that is original you at least know what the bones are like.

We as owners of 71-73 mustangs own them because that is what we like but I would never invest in a mustang to try to make money. Our market goes up and down because you mainly deal with the working man not someone with millions that they don't know how to spend. That part of the demographics is looking at the six figure cars and plus to impress their friends nothing to do with enjoying driving or working on the car. Mustangs, with the exception of a very few models, are for the working man so it is sometimes difficult to sell one. Take your time and keep it out there and someone will see it that really wants it. You will find that you need to have the price so you can drop a little to make the buyer feel like he is getting a deal.

My thoughts,

David

Well David, you sure make some very good points! If I were to weld up the rust and under-coat it, it would have sold 10X already. People are very strange and would rather have the "wool pulled over there eyes" then see 100% what your getting. Early bidders are mostly day dreamers. I have "sold" the car 2X on e-bay, once on Craigs list and once here. All parties never came thru on the sale(craig lister left $100 and disappeared, 2 ebays vanished, member here flaked). If your looking for a '60-70s muscle /classic convert. I cant see what someone is going to buy for $6500? Never going to touch a Mopar or GM. I have owned plenty of Mach-1 in my day and always liked the 71-73. I am just too old (out of shape) to start building a car and should have bought something done. Not a big deal, I enjoyed the whole process so far, meet some nice people( and some A-holes,lol)

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Back