• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Mustang Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he gets it :)

Agreed the black bumper is bad - makes it look unfinished

Not a bad looking car (wish mine was that nice, actually), but yeah - the hood paint is wrong (especially for "restored to original"), and a primered bumper is bad.

Just another case of uninformed seller fishing for Boss 351 money.

I hope it gets sold to someone who knows what it really is and takes care of it... and not some kid who will just drive it to death.

The hood treatment seems off to me, or am I just seeing things?
No it is not right...at all
Nope - and since he is sayin' restored the hood should not be gloss black or clearcoat... more like a satin. But MANY decide the gloss is more to their own preference. I always prefered the satin - also 'called' flat or semi-flat because its original and reminds me of similar finishes on most of the factory performance Fords.

Here's what I have shared as for (IMO) the correct hood striping.

http://photos.mustangsbymike.com/Mach-1-Hood

Ray

1971-72_Mach1_mustang_nasa_hood_paint_stencil.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A deal at half the price!:p Does it seem to be a trend that interest in our vintage + prices are creaping up ,or is it just me?Don't get me wrong ,I would'nt pay 30K either!

A deal at half the price!:p Does it seem to be a trend that interest in our vintage + prices are creaping up ,or is it just me?Don't get me wrong ,I would'nt pay 30K either!
Geeze- where is the honeycomb real panel and Mach1 decals?

[

Nope - and since he is sayin' restored the hood should not be gloss black or clearcoat... more like a satin. But MANY decide the gloss is more to their own preference. I always prefered the satin - also 'called' flat or semi-flat because its original and reminds me of similar finishes on most of the factory performance Fords.

Ray

I agree with everyone that it appears to be over priced based upon the limited photos and information, also there's the question if it's a Fastback or Mach 1. As pointed out, to be original the hood wouldn't have the high gloss that one has. I had the black portion of my hood painted hot rod black which is a matte black, looked perfect but as I was polishing my car I accidently polished a portion of the black paint which left that portion with more of a sheen the rest. To make it look right even I ended up polishing the whole thing to the same sheen. It now has more of a sheen than it should have but it's far from being semi-gloss or gloss as that one it. Of course there isn't anything wrong with the gloss black, you just can't say it's original.

Ray

The way I understand it is there should be no paint, gloss or flat black. it should be the flat matte stickers.:-/
I agree with everyone that it appears to be over priced based upon the limited photos and information, also there's the question if it's a Fastback or Mach 1. As pointed out, to be original the hood wouldn't have the high gloss that one has. I had the black portion of my hood painted hot rod black which is a matte black, looked perfect but as I was polishing my car I accidently polished a portion of the black paint which left that portion with more of a sheen the rest. To make it look right even I ended up polishing the whole thing to the same sheen. It now has more of a sheen than it should have but it's far from being semi-gloss or gloss as that one it. Of course there isn't anything wrong with the gloss black, you just can't say it's original.

Latest posts

Back