1972 Q code vert on E bay $55,000.00

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember this car well. I got some info on it and was considering buying it at one point. I just couldn't get my arms around the baby blue paint. Too bad it wasn't a grabber blue car. And, yes, the car has had extensive rust repair with many body panels replaced. The car sold on Ebay for a fairly low price and was on there a long time. I think it finally went for something like $19K. The seller is dreaming. Good luck to him though.
Love me some light blue paint..., not baby blue..., but on the right, rare car; how can one change the colour when doing a complete rotisserie restoration? My painter was not impressed when I told him keep it Pastel Blue... I said, "do you want to get paid"... Yes, this Q Code car needs a good personal inspection. I personally walk away from any convertible with a rear spoiler on it, but that's just me...

Large Driver Side Rear Shot....jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense intended, 7173Vert. Your car is beautiful. You should be commended for not changing anything on your car. In my experience, it's a hard thing to do. I have yet to build a car I haven't "tweaked" in some way.
All in good fun... I know these colours are not popular today, but that is what makes  some of these car’s unique in the hobby today... Believe when I say, that even as a purist, I did contemplate a colour change for about 20 secs when I was discussing with my painter.... Obviously, I could not do it on this car with my intended level of restoration. Hey, they painted a few B9’s in this colour too... I don’t think to many laughed at it back in the day, especially viewing the tail lights going from light to light... :)

lollerz

No offense intended, 7173Vert. Your car is beautiful. You should be commended for not changing anything on your car. In my experience, it's a hard thing to do. I have yet to build a car I haven't "tweaked" in some way.
All in good fun... I know these colours are not popular today, but that is what makes  some of these car’s unique in the hobby today... Believe when I say, that even as a purist, I did contemplate a colour change for about 20 secs when I was discussing with my painter.... Obviously, I could not do it on this car with my intended level of restoration. Hey, they painted a few B9’s in this colour too... I don’t think to many laughed at it back in the day, especially viewing the tail lights going from light to light... :)

Back