1973 Convertible Playboy pink on E bay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Original owner - 22k miles? Why did it require paint to be stripped off? And with 22k miles, paint and interior should look new.

Lots of claims with no documentation or even extra pics.

Ray

Hi to all,

Say, i'm somewhat confused about the car sporting power locks and power seats.:huh:

OK - this car is supposed to be a special edition Mustang, but were these power options available at all for any '73 Convertibles?:chin:

Also, what happened to the original burgandy colored top?

I may be wrong, but i didn't think so. I may need educating here.:chin:

Reference:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/variants/playmate-pink-mustang

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?pic=/1973/1973_00095_01

Greg.:)

Hmmmm...the seller has a negative rating. Have not seen that too often, but would enough to run fast and far away....

Hi to all,

Say, i'm somewhat confused about the car sporting power locks and power seats.:huh:

OK - this car is supposed to be a special edition Mustang, but were these power options available at all for any '73 Convertibles?:chin:

Also, what happened to the original burgandy colored top?

I may be wrong, but i didn't think so. I may need educating here.:chin:

Reference:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/variants/playmate-pink-mustang

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?pic=/1973/1973_00095_01

Greg.:)
Greg,

The one thing in the CJ article they sort of miss stated is the fact that Marti does not have the Special Order data. I have a Special order paint 73 Mustang Convertible that is black. When I ordered the Marti he got back to me and told me that the Special Order cars data was held by each DSO and he never got that data and it was destroyed. Since all Special Order cars have the 6 digit DSO you just do not know what the order was for. I did find the build sheet on my car but in very bad shape. When I sent a scan to Marti he did come back and confirm that the car came with an Argent Front bumper. Something about wheels and something about hood. The only numbers he has for the Special Order cars is the total which I think was 144 for all models in 73 with the CW white interior option. There were 698 total for all special order items. So they are pretty common overall. Now if the Playboy Pink was like a package that was an option it would show on the Marti but it was not an option so Marti will show very little. The build sheet would be the Gold on this car. If no build sheet just words.

I would approach this one with extreme caution as seller already has negative rating. Have no ideal how proud seller is of this vehicle or how much reserve he has set. Seems to be in poor shape for a 22K mile car, hard to tell from the one picture. Power seats and locks were not RPO options for the Mustang. Would sure need a lot of documentation on this one including a DSO number. And as David can tell you that will indicate a special order of some type but finding out what that special order was would be next to impossible. When Ford upgraded their computer systems over the years the paper trail of info we treasure so much were casualties of that progress. Dealers were sent DSO info for cars in their Districts from Ford. But as computers and systems were upgraded at the Dealer level, paper and Micro-Fiche were pitched in the name of progress!

Agree with will e, didn't know a complete paint job for a car sitting in bare metal was considered a little "TLC"!

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a 1st class BS artist, You can always pick them out, 1 bad picture, easy enough to get some pictures of the original paint somewhere, PW, PL, what a joke

His negative rating was given by a guy who had a winning bid and when he contacted the seller he said that was below his reserve, the claimed he didn't no how reserves worked with Ebay as causing the confusion and refused to sell it to the winning bidder. Apparently that was his first sell on Ebay and this Mustang his second attempt.

In any case, I never buy from anyone on Ebay that has a new account or doesn't have a significant positive rating.

Now his ad states it was his grandfathers, POS!!!
orig ad states its a one owner car, that makes his grandfather 1973 Playmate of the Yearlollerz
Only a couple playmates ever got Mustangs maybe 64 & 68 or 69 shelby. You could order them any year pink. Seems like Sony and Share had one.

They would never answer questions I sent so probably just a prank.

Without build sheet it is just a parts car to me.

This guy is on drugs

" This car was babied and garage For the last 20 years has never seen Snow ice or rain Only needs minor tlc such as a cleaning carpet and paint"

Now his ad states it was his grandfathers, POS!!!
orig ad states its a one owner car, that makes his grandfather 1973 Playmate of the Yearlollerz
Could've happened, I read not long back that moron Bono from U2 was named woman of the year recently by some crazy stupid organisation. This world really is getting crazier by the day.

Back