One-Owner 1973 Mustang Convertible Thriftpower 6 with 3-Speed Manual

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbs_lee

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
A family member purchased a new Mustang Convertible in 1973. He has enjoyed it for 50 years but is no longer driving so I helped prepare the car for sale. It is now being auctioned over on Bring a Trailer. Description, photos, and Marti report are in the link. Apparently it was special ordered (not by him) with the base drivetrain but a sprinkling of options which make it an unusual or odd car. I would love to know what you think. Here is a link to the listing:

Very interesting build/order, I wonder who changed the colors, and added the aluminum slots and redlines.

That is a v ery nice Mustang. You ought not find it hard to sell it. One thing I have just learned is the 73 Mustangs did not have the 302 2v as its base engine. I thought the I6 250 engine was used with basic HardTops (coupes) and SportsRoof (fastback_ Mustangs for 1973. I now the verts include power front disc brakes as part of the convertible package, but the 6 cylinder engine really surprise dme. Not that the 250 is not a good engine, as it is a hohly reliable engine with plenty of power to run on the highways with little effort.

Unless you are dead set to sell it I suggest you not drive it as it may become addicitive. We have several really nice, and fast, pony cars. But it is our 73Mustang Convertible we enjoy driving the most (302 v8). There is just something about them. Somebody is going to end up with a really nice car.

Back