• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 1973 Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My Gawd, I love this car. I wish I had a place to park it, but the wife said, "No More Full-Scale Car Projects." If we win the Lottery this weekend, consider it sold, because we'll definitely be moving to a much bigger place if that's the case. ;-)

Meanwhile, good luck with the sale!

Hi, has this been sold?
Yes, sold to in-state buyer just last week for my asking price, surprisingly not to 7173 member but on Facebook Marketplace, and off it went to the next caretaker…

Attachments

• 0F8B9778-EF99-47BB-ACEA-66317C38C51B.jpeg
    0F8B9778-EF99-47BB-ACEA-66317C38C51B.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Oh My Gawd, I love this car. I wish I had a place to park it, but the wife said, "No More Full-Scale Car Projects." If we win the Lottery this weekend, consider it sold, because we'll definitely be moving to a much bigger place if that's the case. ;-)

Meanwhile, good luck with the sale!
Are you saying if you hit the lottery your going to by a pony ranch? 😂😂

Craig - congrats on the sale at asking price and both of you guys came out in the good side of a great deal. A beautiful car!
Craig - congrats on the sale at asking price and both of you guys came out in the good side of a great deal. A beautiful car!
Both happy and sad on my part, buyer is ecstatic…I know he will enjoy it very much. Sorry no one in our forum went for it, but like I commented before, you all probably have your mustangs…the one the other member sold to fund other projects was same color, black top and interior, not a/c and not a console option, but looked very nice and sold for similar money.

Both happy and sad on my part, buyer is ecstatic…I know he will enjoy it very much. Sorry no one in our forum went for it, but like I commented before, you all probably have your mustangs…the one the other member sold to fund other projects was same color, black top and interior, not a/c and not a console option, but looked very nice and sold for similar money.
Hey Craig. Mine was the other car that sold. The main selling point was that it had no rust or body work ever and original paint. It takes a unique person to go for those things. He was not on our site either. He will probably paint the car and modify it to his liking, knowing that he won't get into a bunch of trouble when the paint comes off. Your car was very nice indeed. Kevin.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but what does this wire go to?

Attachments

• 2022-11-12_21-43-31.jpg
    2022-11-12_21-43-31.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 0

Accessory power feed, used for cars with Convenience Group, Power Windows, Rear window defrost, Convertible Top, Power Seat (Cougar only)

The convertible top motor receives accessory power through this wire set (factory application)...probably designed to remove and avoid electrical stress through smaller wiring harness gauge.

Hey Craig. Mine was the other car that sold. The main selling point was that it had no rust or body work ever and original paint. It takes a unique person to go for those things. He was not on our site either. He will probably paint the car and modify it to his liking, knowing that he won't get into a bunch of trouble when the paint comes off. Your car was very nice indeed. Kevin.
I hate it when people buy untouched cars and even brag about their find how untouched it is and then they touch it too much. This is my biggest problem about letting my car go as being untouched is part of what makes it special especially when it is optioned the way it is. I had someone interested, but the questions he was asking showed he had no clue about what an untouched car is and more. I told him I didn't think he was the right person to buy it. I felt kind of like a jerk. My car could use some minor fixes, but to repaint the car or go to someone who doesn't see the value or have the knowledge in preservation would be an absolute shame. I know I can't control it once it is out of my hands, but I can at least try harder to keep it out of the wrong hands in the immediate future. Once a car is repainted it is much more of a common car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back