1973 Coupe Q -code 4 speed coupe project on CL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not for the faint at heart, but for $4000, it's not a bad deal. There sure aren't many of those around.

Check out my posted pic. I have a 73 Q code 4 speed Grande that was t boned and totaled by the insurance company. Before the accident it was mint. I picked it up for a song about 10 years ago. Probably could have fixed it if I really wanted to bad enough but ended up using it as a parts car. Haven't brought myself to spend the money on a Marti report.

A Q-code coupe with 4 speed.

Now that grabs the attention!

Very similar to the $5.5k '72 Q-code 4-speed I dug up (and passed on) - with exception to the vinyl roof:

72_mustang_bnw_1.jpg

Marti: http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-q-code-4-speed-coupe-one-of-162-not-mine-vin-2f01q239431

Still, both of these cars are wasted efforts to restore, though the Craigslist car may be more attractive simply if it is a factory power brake/disc car. Whether 1-of-1 or otherwise, '71-73 coupes do not have strong enough desirability - yet - to warrant the expense of a restoration.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
What town/state is the car in? Disregard, I see the Milwaukee.

Last edited by a moderator:
$4K seems a bit steep. My 73 Q code grande coupe is 1 of 89 with a 351 CJ with a 4 speed. The 1 of 1 didn't really excite me as much as only 89 built as is. The year, engine, tranny combo are what is important, not the interior/exterior color.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind having something like this.

I can't stand that green. I dig the Q-Code, 4 Speed, but the green makes me want to throw up.

-Gonz

Milwaukee is only 45 mi from me. I'm going to see if I can get some time to check it out. Would have to sell the wife on another project car though. :-/

Milwaukee is only 45 mi from me. I'm going to see if I can get some time to check it out. Would have to sell the wife on another project car though. :-/
If you are able to go please take some more pictures and let us know what you find.

I agree that there is no money in it's restoration I just like the oddness of a Q-code, 4 speed coupe.

I can't stand that green. I dig the Q-Code, 4 Speed, but the green makes me want to throw up.

-Gonz
We had kitchen appliances about that color when I was a kid back in the 60's/70's :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Back