1971 Mach 1 with original paint on SF Craigslist

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$18K for a very original California 71 M-code Mach with a nice option load out? That's a deal in my book and I could care less if it sits a little low in the rear ($250 for springs) or the spoiler is on backwards.

Sheesh, some of you guys could find issue with a $20 on the sidewalk...
HEY look there is a 20 dollar bill on the ground.... YUK it has a dead president on it

Original cars scare some people for some reason but myself I like them better. On the price. You see all the big asking prices on eBay all the time 39's 40's even in the 50's for some of our cars and poorly restored with little detail. But also remember two years ago I got my 73 vert off eBay with 48,000 miles, 351 H code, C-4, console, tilt, air, gauges, decor group, convenience group, new top in box, new tires and after market wheels along with the original steel wheels and fancy hub caps. I had just had new stainless dual exhaust installed also. The hood and tops of the front fenders had been painted but remainder of car was factory and still is.

I won the bid on this car for $7,200 and I believe it was $1,200 for transport. It to was a California car and no rust in the floors at all. The tail lights had leaked and surface rust inside trunk but still original.

I just cleaned the car up and detailed it. It still has the original interior. I changed out the wire harness to get rid of all the hacking for stereo and such. Did nothing to engine but fuel pump and cleaning.

There are deals out there all the time. I am forcing myself not to buy a 73 Mach 1 Q code right now. I may go look at it tomorrow. It would be to flip it I need no more projects, lol.

Remember the 73 vert that had never been washed and kept in sealed plastic bag only brought $30,000 on eBay and was loaded with everything even argent hood and side stripes with 4 speed Q all original. There were a couple vets not too long age with just hundreds of miles no restored

and only in the 30's. The people who pay the big price for our cars do not know them and just have money to burn.

When I sold parts at swap meets I was told that my prices were too low and I was trying to sell to the wrong group of car nuts. So I raised prices and sure enough I sold more.

Usually if a car is a great buy on cl it will sell in a couple days so we are missing something on this car.

This yellow car is the $7,200 car. By no means perfect but a great driver quality.

image hosting services free

Back