2013 Mustang Shelby GT500

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is stroked 5.4 liter 4 valve heads and an intercooled supercharger. Price not published yet. I'd expect $54K base. I'm going to buy a powerball ticket right now. Chuck

The article says it has a "launch" feature. Guys at work that just bought BMWs with this feature (M3?) brag about how it is used. One of them said it was just

in case some guy pulls up next to him in a Mustang. Glad to see they still feel threatened by my 41 year old car.

mike

The article says it has a "launch" feature. Guys at work that just bought BMWs with this feature (M3?) brag about how it is used. One of them said it was just

in case some guy pulls up next to him in a Mustang. Glad to see they still feel threatened by my 41 year old car.

mike
What to help save his tires from a losing cause:huh:

It is stroked 5.4 liter 4 valve heads and an intercooled supercharger. Price not published yet. I'd expect $54K base. I'm going to buy a powerball ticket right now. Chuck
The increase in displacement is not due to increase in stroke but an increase in bore. The increase in bore is due to the use of a plasma spray coating instead of the use of steel sleeves. I believe this process was first used in the 2011 or 12 aluminium GT500 5.4 block.

It would be beyond cool (and logical) to have a high reving, normally aspirated Boss 351 (5.8) to replace the current Boss 302 as a special edition car to slot between the GT and GT500. Hell maybe they could install the FRPP twin 65mm CJ throttle body on it and call it a Cobra Jet engine. Yes Ford you can send my check for this brilliant idea in the mail, but cash is preferred.

Last edited by a moderator:
The increase in displacement is not due to increase in stroke but an increase in bore. The increase in bore is due to the use of a plasma spray coating instead of the use of steel sleeves. I believe this process was first used in the 2011 or 12 aluminium GT500 5.4 block.

It would be beyond cool (and logical) to have a high reving, normally aspirated Boss 351 (5.8) to replace the current Boss 302 as a special edition car to slot between the GT and GT500. Hell maybe they could install the FRPP twin 65mm CJ throttle body on it and call it a Cobra Jet engine. Yes Ford you can send my check for this brilliant idea in the mail, but cash is preferred.
You are absolutely correct. Thanks for the correction. Chuck

Latest posts

Back