351c 4V intake port measurements

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odmark

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mercury Cougar
Hello. Does someone have a pair of cleveland heads on the shelf?

I would like to know the width and height of the intake ports on the 4V heads, and also 2V if possible.

I want to know because i have 2V heads and a 4V intake, but the ports match up. So i think maybe the heads are match ported to the intake.

I need to know what valley pan im going to have to use.

And also, speaking of the valley pan. Do i use just the pan with a liquid gasket, or valley pan, intake gaskets and liquid gasket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. Does someone have a pair of cleveland heads on the shelf?

I would like to know the width and height of the intake ports on the 4V heads, and also 2V if possible.

I want to know because i have 2V heads and a 4V intake, but the ports match up. So i think maybe the heads are match ported to the intake.

I need to know what valley pan im going to have to use.

And also, speaking of the valley pan. Do i use just the pan with a liquid gasket, or valley pan, intake gaskets and liquid gasket?
MustangTek's website list them as follows,: 1970-71 2V, In valve 1.946 or 2.046", Ex valve 1.6495 or 1.6595 with 78.2CC oc. In port 2.02 X 1.40" Ex port, 1.85 X 1.39". 4V heads: In valve, 2.195" Ex valve 1.715". 62.8CC closed c. In port, 2.50 X 1.40 Ex port, 2.00 X 1.74".

You don't say what year you're looking for. They may be the same for 2V and 4V throughout, didn't check further. I do have a set of 4V on the shelf and I can measure them if you need me to.

As for the valley pan and from my own experience, buy a FelPro valley pan set for YOUR heads and use the paper gasket and sealant as per directions. I use RTV on the ends, not the rubber pieces. If you are using an odd ball intake and head match up, perhaps other can offer a suggestion for valley pan and gaskets.

Geoff.

The ports may match up but they probably won't seal. Here's a pic from panteraplace:

Jones%203%204V2V%20ports.jpg

The 4v has a port stuffer but you get the idea.

I measured the ports on my spare 4V heads. Remember these are castings so measurements aren't exactly to advertised specs.

Intake ports are 2.50" X 1.74" , Exhaust ports, 2.130" X 1.870" slightly larger than spec!! Those are for D0AE-6090-N heads. Intakes are very close to spec and that is what you need I guess.

Geoff.

Hello again! I have measured everything again and it seems that my edelbrock intake (marked: Performer 351c 4V) is in fact for 2V heads :huh:

There is no number, and i actually triple checked this!

The only things stamped on the intake are "Edelbrock" and "Performer RPM 351C 4V"

It is probably a #2665 but I thought that was stamped into it. If you have the 2v heads that intake it work but not well and might leak.

With 2v heads the performer intake needed would be the 2750.

Yes it looks exactly like that when i google it.

But still dont understand why the ports on the intake are 2V sized :huh:

No no, i just find it very odd that my 2V heads intake ports are the same dimensions as the ports on the 4V intake that was on my engine.

And at first i thought my heads where match ported to the intake but that does not seem to be the case.

Back