351C 4V Spreadbore intake vs Squarebore intake

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
71-73s had a 3/8" line from tank to pump, 5/16" from pump to carb. It's plenty of capacity for what you're building.

I'd recommend a call to Lykins, Bullet or Schneider for cam recommendations. Get the cam, lifter and valve springs/retainers from them as well.
Thank You, I will do that

I'd pass on the 302C heads unless a true pro has ported them. The entire 4V heads are too big thing is an absolute falsehood (made up by Chevy guys to stop us from using them). Chuck

I'd pass on the 302C heads unless a true pro has ported them. The entire 4V heads are too big thing is an absolute falsehood (made up by Chevy guys to stop us from using them). Chuck
Thank You, Many on the forum have the same opinion. I'm going with the 4V heads.
However, I'm curious about the 302 heads. Some have mentioned CHI 3V. What is a 3V?

Folks,
Sorry for the delay, family issues...
Ruben at Valley Head Service is working on the 4V heads, I need to select the cam and the springs. Ruben found a pair of Aussie Heads, they are on Larry's Ranchero. I'm working with Kim (Larry's wife) to purchase the car, but right now, I'm committed to the 4V heads.

@Q1SVT "Larry was long time friend of the owner of Bullet Cams and I have a couple of specifications you might like." I'd like to talk with you about your experience in the cam choice.

Thanks,
Charlie B
Spend your money on the 4v heads... Rubin has been doing those type of heads for over 30 years, and was taught by the same person that taught Caroll Shelby ... larry also built Carroll's first Flow Bench.

i'll be going to the shop soon and will provide Rubin the VHS work order with cam info and compression larry set this 351c 4v open chambered engine i spec'ed out. 351c 4v oc, tremec five speed, it is a roller cam.

the video seems to show the cam is big... but it is very steetable, with nice manners [i have a driving video too] the electric fan is louder than] the engine ;^)
the exhaust does not have an x-pipe so you get a pulse back and fort between the left and right side... [if video does not show send me a private dm w/email. or I'll get it to Rubin.]

Last edited:
here is some performance on 351c 2V heads... USA or Aussie

Thank You & Welcome back... been awaiting more details on your Aussie 302C heads...

220 CFM's seem to follow the numbers FM posted years ago on a 2V OC heads.
But they have good 'swirl' numbers in the lower RPM's
[data I've been using for a long time]

included some FM data www.fordmuscle. com/archives/2007/10/351CHeads/index4.php

View attachment 59330View attachment 59331

here are my aussie heads after Rubin worked his magic non-ported heads ...
but the performance is similar to Ford Muscle posted for 2v open heads

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 9.42.30 AM.png

Back