351C - 4V Q code 4 bolts engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 (1973)-351Ci-4V
Hi,

A question what it's worth in money:

Mustang 71-73:

-351c/4V/Q code 4 bolts Cobrajet engine.

With exhaust manifolds/intake manifold+holley carb./waterpump/orig. ignition distributor+coil+spark plug cables.

Without crank/starter pulley and V-belt pulley's.

Can i use the V-belt pulley's from a other 351C-2V + complete MSD ignition set ?

Is this matching to a FMX-gearbox or is this combination not possible?

eddyw

if the heads are early Closed chamber heads it adds a little value over Open chamber heads.

Unless it is running I would price it all as cores and pay no more than about 600 bucks for what I see.

Last engine I bought was a 2 barrel 351C with an FMX still attached and everything but a set of wires and a decent carb. I paid $150 for everything. 4v closed chamber heads are worth about 350 as a core and 4v Open Chamber heads are worth about 250 as cores. 2v Heads are common and fairly easy to find so are worth very little as cores.

All Cleveland blocks can be drilled for 4 bolt main caps. Caps alone sell on ebay for an easy $150 by themselves. Intakes in usable condition should bring a hundred.

Unless it has either been run for you and a compression check was performed, paying any more may leave you with a bunch of cores all needing a rebuild;

I notice you are in Belgium. Oops! All those values are what I have seen here in the states. I'm sure prices and availability "over there" is probably far more limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
How in the world does Q code 4v CJ end up in Belgium? I recall seeing pics of two or three 1971 Shelby cars in Belgium. The werent 1969-70 cars, they were real Europe only Shelby cars based on 71's...there was a green one i remember. And they had Ansen slots for some reason. Looked pretty cool. But anyway, if i were in europe i would wonder how i would find a machine shop that has experience boring/line honing a Cleveland? As the saying goes, if yours is the only Cleveland in the shop you should go to a different shop. You might reasonably save money just buying the great sounding Cleveland for sale by one of the members here. I will say that original passenger exhaust manifolds can get a real good price at the meets or on ebay, because they cracked a lot. Other than that i cant see why you'd spend more than 200 Euro on that engine before a full leakdown and inspection by an experienced Cleveland builder. But for 200 euro it might be fun.

Hi Eddy,

Maybe this engine is the one from my car??? Originally mine is a Qcode CJ 4V, now equipped with 2V's head, and I know that my Grandé has been bought in Netherland here http://www.stolzeclassiccars.nl/ in 2005 by another french.

Sure in Europe is not like in the states, parts are not common to find for us, means that prices are different, higher.

Back