351C Compression Ratio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was originally posted by another member. I've forgotten who it was or I'd acknowledge them. It should answer the chamber volume question, at least for 1973, as well as gasket volumes (different for 2V and 4V, difference in compressed height) Look on original document page 5, pdf page 8. Chuck

AMA specs mustang_1973.pdf

Attachments

• AMA specs mustang_1973.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 30
This was originally posted by another member. I've forgotten who it was or I'd acknowledge them. It should answer the chamber volume question, at least for 1973, as well as gasket volumes (different for 2V and 4V, difference in compressed height) Look on original document page 5, pdf page 8. Chuck
GREAT posting, Chuck!

That explains a LOT as it relates to the 1973. I would say that (76.9cc - 79.9cc) is quite a variance on the 351CJ and explains a LOT relative to those different specifications brought forward by the "usual" sources.

Over the years, I have often wondered about the different compression ratios often shown for the stock 1973 351C engines. I wonder if there really were two different 351C 4V (4V and CJ) produced in 1973 as the document in the above post shows different chamber volumes. According to the "Hollander Interchange Manual", there was not but I have a "Ford Engines Book" (put out by Peterson Publishing) that shows four (4) different versions of the 351C 2V for 1973 and two (2) different 351CJ versions.

Very GOOD thread to bring back up, in my opinion.

BT

Back