UCA Shim vs Caster

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been a very interesting read. Thanks to all for your knowledge and input.
However, for my car, I think I'm just going to leave it as is with (S/D??) OEM type UCA's.
My alignment guy was able to only get 3 degrees of castor with out jamming up the works. It does mean the car doesn't return to center quite a quickly as I'd like with spirited driving around bends, but it doesn't understeer either, so the work needed to get that extra degree or degree and a half may not be worth it. That said, if I were to decide to rebuild the front end again with performance UCA's etc. then that would be a different story.
I think at this point, all I'm going to get done is to increase the toe-in from 1/16th to 1/8th and see what difference that makes. Any thoughts on that?

Had my 2 3/4 inch grade 8 bolt tack weld it in, didn’t have hardly any positive caster at all , I ended up getting 3) 1/8 shims in the front and one in the back. My ride height from spindle to top of flair is 12 3/4”,kind of low and my lower control arm eccentric eliminator is an almost as far as it could go so I needed to correct the negative camber, and the shims helped with that too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back