351C rocker arm oil baffle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danoreilly

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1 351C 4V
02 Deluxe Convertible
67 Fairlane GT 390
Anybody know of a supply of the oil baffles that go on the early 351C rocker arms? I know in later motors, the oil baffle was replaced with a tang that was stamped into the rocker arm and served the same purpose (to direct oil down onto the cast aluminum pivot). I have 2 broken baffles, and just for giggles, I'm trying to judge the availability of these baffles (I have yet to find any made today).

Anybody know of a supply of the oil baffles that go on the early 351C rocker arms? I know in later motors, the oil baffle was replaced with a tang that was stamped into the rocker arm and served the same purpose (to direct oil down onto the cast aluminum pivot). I have 2 broken baffles, and just for giggles, I'm trying to judge the availability of these baffles (I have yet to find any made today).
I beleive those were only available on the 4V or Cobra jets.I do not know of any one that makes them.You will probably have to search some of the shops that build Clevelands or has a supply of used stuff.Try Don at Ohio Mustang,he has parted out these cars. Try also some of the other suppliers on here.Good luck!

PC250018.JPG

The rocker are oil baffles [ for steel valve covers ] were...

1970 they were on the inside of the rocker cover

1971 - 3 they were on the rockers

They were on 2 and 4 barrel motors

Don

Dan, I should have some, I'll email you

The rocker are oil baffles [ for steel valve covers ] were...

1970 they were on the inside of the rocker cover

1971 - 3 they were on the rockers

They were on 2 and 4 barrel motors

Don

Dan, I should have some, I'll email you
Thanks, but my machinist found some brand new ones for me. Not NOS, but a company called Pioneer Inc out of MS makes them. These guys don't sell to customers like me, but the do sell to machine shops, etc.. They make a whole range of parts like this that aren't available anymore from OEMs. My cost is $1.75 each, so not bad.

By the way: the later-style rockers, used starting around 1974, are available from Summit Racing. The difference with these are that they have a tang stamped into the end that hangs over where the rocker hits the rod and directs the oil over the pivot. It does away with having the separate baffle.

Back