4 months in the making - 460 Stroker Dyno

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

well i ordered this thing at the mid-end december and now its here. the request was to make 600hp on a budget so we made a 521 ford stroker motor with iron heads and a flat tappet cam.

the builder said the dyno he uses is super conservative and he always makes 40-50 more HP when he dyno's the motor then he takes the same motor somewhere else. so thats alot to be conservative though. the dyno said it made a total of 570HP @ 5900rpms and 615TQ @ 4900rpms. he said thats not counting conservative number the dyno spits out and not to include the bad air in washington compared to california.

this ought to make me scoot some good numbers after the motor is in. i have one more race on the 22nd with the current motor then the next day i'm pulling it for the new motor. i'm taking military leave from the 23rd until the 4th of may to complete this.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...dt=7&__att=iframe#!/photo.php?v=2825092713760

Last edited:
Sounds great! It will be a different car to drive. What kind of dyno does he have? Chuck

Yes Olie, I had heard that Scotty J's dyno was quite "conservative."

At any rate, those are some really GREAT numbers for an iron-headed big block and should definitely make a real positive difference at the track.

What company are you using to have the motor shipped back to you?

BT

Sounds great! It will be a different car to drive. What kind of dyno does he have? Chuck
he uses a company that he works with which is cope brothers or copeland brothers. she's coming here tomorrow.

Yes Olie, I had heard that Scotty J's dyno was quite "conservative."

At any rate, those are some really GREAT numbers for an iron-headed big block and should definitely make a real positive difference at the track.

What company are you using to have the motor shipped back to you?

BT
i'm hoping to pull down a 11.0 ET, some calc's are saying i should hit a 10.8 ET. however, when i am doing the summit series brackets, i'm going to use some kind of throttle stop or restrictor plate to slow her down to the 12.0 range. i'm going to do this only to continue to compete in sportsman.

on the shipping thing, the builder told me at the beginning of the build that he had to come to california for vacation and to pick up parts from someone down here. so it made it convienent for him to come down with the motor and he's delivering it to my house tomorrow. i am just paying one way's gas. its much cheaper than shipping it or driving 9 hours for me to go get it.

Last edited:
..he said thats not counting conservative number the dyno spits out and not to include the bad air in washington compared to california.
He must mean D.C., he certianly can't believe the air in California is better than Washington's. LOL...sorry as a Washingtonian who used to live in Calfornia I couldn't reisist. Sounds like that engine is going to scream once mounted.

Jim

..he said thats not counting conservative number the dyno spits out and not to include the bad air in washington compared to california.
He must mean D.C., he certianly can't believe the air in California is better than Washington's. LOL...sorry as a Washingtonian who used to live in Calfornia I couldn't reisist. Sounds like that engine is going to scream once mounted.

Jim
I agree...lmao..Been to Cali alot..San fran and LA got the most smog i seen in my life...they dont have as many co2 filters "trees" as we do...lol

Btw...thats a monster motor:)

Last edited by a moderator:
even with the 570hp and 615tq, it should scoot our heavy stangs nicely regardless. i'm looking to pull down a 11.0ish et. and i'll slow her down so i could do some 11.6 index racing.

dude that sounds killer congrats. Can't wait to see what you do at the strip with that bad boy
i can't wait either, i'm sure i'm going to have to play with suspension settings to make it hook up as well. might even have to use a wider slick.

Back