71-73 1/64 diecast Mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you did not see this in another post here is my collection.
Nice collection. Are they all 71-73 Mustangs? I have a model car collection too but it is a big mix of different cars and trucks that I like. I do have many Mustangs but not one of a 71-73.

Yep - they are all 71-73. You'll notice most of them are fastbacks. I have over 900 diecast Mustangs in all from 1965-2010. I guess I'm obsessed.

If you did not see this in another post here is my collection.
Nice collection. Are they all 71-73 Mustangs? I have a model car collection too but it is a big mix of different cars and trucks that I like. I do have many Mustangs but not one of a 71-73.

I did see it and my interest is still piqued with the middle row, 3rd from the left. Kind of opposite my current color scheme that I love, but white is very unusual, and if I could use the Blue Glow Metallic in the stripes and other applications, it might be a pretty wild scheme.

Thanks for the food for thought, Rex!

Doc

That would be this car. Of course the diecast version does not have the blue interior like it should.

Leave it to the Chinese to mix up Olympic Sprint with Spirit on the packaging.

I did see it and my interest is still piqued with the middle row, 3rd from the left. Kind of opposite my current color scheme that I love, but white is very unusual, and if I could use the Blue Glow Metallic in the stripes and other applications, it might be a pretty wild scheme.

Thanks for the food for thought, Rex!

Doc
JLcarSprint.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a little black 73 with guns and roses on it. i think its a johnny lightening.

looks like this.

DSC_0946.jpg

That would be this car. Of course the diecast version does not have the lbue interior like it should.

Leave it to the Chinese to mix up Olympic Sprint with Spirit on the packaging.
Wow, thanks for posting the pic of the car. I am seriously enchanted with the color scheme. I'd have to give up the stripes on the side, so it will take some serious thinking.

Thanks again for posting the full picture of it!!

Doc

Nice collection!

I'm interested in the 8th one from left in the top row...yellow Mach1. Where can I find a couple of those? Who is the manufacture? :D

A lot of the top row including the yellow one are made by Johnny Lightning. You can still find the older ones on Ebay for about $6.

Nice collection!

I'm interested in the 8th one from left in the top row...yellow Mach1. Where can I find a couple of those? Who is the manufacture? :D

Back