71 Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe w/ 427 Stroker
It’s been awhile since I posted on here. After purchasing many parts and funding my project. I have plenty of pictures and progress.

Interesting things I learned about the car and engine. This was originally birthed with a 302. The 351W that currently lives in this car once belonged to a Ford Galaxy from what the numbers tell on the block.

Remember, I did buy this car in the beginning of this year. I believe I posted all of it’s details or as much as I knew. I verified everything. Trust, but verify.
The owner said it was bored .40 - True
Stroked to a 427 - True
Lunati Cam with matching components - True
So far everything is looking to be in place.

So going forward, This engine is getting seals and gaskets replaced, because there was a major oil leak. Probably why the vehicle wasn’t rusted out. There’s oil everywhere on the bottom of the car.

Anyways, it seems like she was running very rich. The carburetor on there before was not tuned as it should be and the car wasn’t responding very well to this oversized carburetor that was on there before. I decided to go EFI with the Holley Sniper 2.

Let’s see, front drum brakes are going. Decided to go with Leed disc brakes conversion kit. Decided to step up to a Quick Performance 9 inch 31 spline rear end with EatonTruTrac and 3.89 gearing. No more one wheel peelies, haha

For major changes that should be it. The EFI, brakes, and rear end. I feel for a motor like this it should have a rear end that can enjoy the power.
123_1.jpeg123_1.jpeg123_1.jpeg

Back