71 fastback project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love to see the younger generation fall in love with these cars. It looks like mine when we got it 5 yrs ago. my interior was early American duct tape. Keep picking away at it. You will get there. I have yet to drive mine on the street. Shooting for June or July.

I hope I have caught you before you welded the inner fender where the battery is. I see one of the other members did mention you are missing a reinforcement that goes on top of the frame rail under the inner fender it has the nuts in it to hold the battery tray which bolts to the inner fender. You can get them off Ebay I lost my pics of them but will go see if I can find a link to one of the reinforcements. The person doing them does a really nice job on them. DO NOT WELD THE RH INNER FENDER IN UNTIL YOU GET THE REINFORCEMENT. 

The cowl is reproduced and you will need both the upper and lower. You need to make you some kind of chassis fixture to keep everything in alignment while replacing even the inner fenders. 

When you have a mustang lifted in the front end you need to block the upper control arm so that the coil spring does not travel it too far and pinch the upper shock bushings and the rubber bushing on the radius rod in front. 

I will go see if I can find you the reinforcement or at least a pic.

Here is a pic of a rust free Grande inner front fender with battery box in.

I found the reinforcement but looks like they sold out today. You should get in touch with the seller and put you name on list for next run of parts. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1972-1973-71-72-73-MUSTANG-BOSS-351-MACH-COUGAR-BATTERY-TRAY-APRON-SUPPORT-/323933943740

Last edited by a moderator:
Back