71' Mach 1, boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks every body I will keep everybody informed on my progress and I have a vision and thats where i am headed with it. Thanks for all your help
I hope everyone understood what I was trying to convey. There are uniformed people that will sell a car and tell you what they think it is based on what they would like it to be or what someone else told them. As we know, when determining a cars value the VIN is the most important number. You can say that does not matter much all you want but it drives the price you have to pay. A rough Mach may go for under $10K while a similar Boss will sell for double or more. Now anyone can add whatever parts they want to a car but at some point the car that someone makes to look like a rare car may eventually try to get sold as one by two or three owners down the road. This used to happen with Shelby Mustang clones all the time and people got scammed. So, I'm simply trying to educate buyers that you need to know what you're buying and if you choose to modify a car just be up front when it comes to selling it. I see so many cars mis-advertised for sale that border on mis-representation. Whether it is intentional or not is hard to say but I'd hope it's the latter.

Thanks every body I will keep everybody informed on my progress and I have a vision and thats where i am headed with it. Thanks for all your help
I hope everyone understood what I was trying to convey. There are uniformed people that will sell a car and tell you what they think it is based on what they would like it to be or what someone else told them. As we know, when determining a cars value the VIN is the most important number. You can say that does not matter much all you want but it drives the price you have to pay. A rough Mach may go for under $10K while a similar Boss will sell for double or more. Now anyone can add whatever parts they want to a car but at some point the car that someone makes to look like a rare car may eventually try to get sold as one by two or three owners down the road. This used to happen with Shelby Mustang clones all the time and people got scammed. So, I'm simply trying to educate buyers that you need to know what you're buying and if you choose to modify a car just be up front when it comes to selling it. I see so many cars mis-advertised for sale that border on mis-representation. Whether it is intentional or not is hard to say but I'd hope it's the latter.
Very well said VA...& good information for anyone in the muscle car market contemplating a purchase

Hey Rex -

I, too, understand what you were saying, and I thought you put it well. There are some shady guys in the auto resale business. Being able to correctly identify our cars is useful not only for ourselves, but for potential buyers and future sellers.

Doc

I appreciate the help and I think that this is a great place to be.

Some what of an update, I pulled the seats out yesterday and I found 30+ years of pistachios,Cigarettes and unpaid parking tickets. I will have to order some new floor pans and carpet, and have the Upholstery done and the interior is done. I wont get the interior done untill i get the exterior done of coarse.

Ya know - decals, correct trim pieces, properly placed primer over-spray, years of crusty receipts and pedigree, and the correct number of casting tits on the tires don't mean nuthin' unless you're going to compete at the Concours d'Elegance level, or roll your car through one of the high-end auctions SPEED Channel televises. And even then, the '71-'73s aren't as 'valuable' to potential buyers as all of the 'everybody else has one' '64.5-'69s, so it's all subjective anyway.

I love what xoliex is doing with his car (SF '49ers colors), and while it would probably drop the value when it comes time to sell it (at a higher level venue), he's doing what he wants and will enjoy the car just that much more. He'll probably never sell it anyway, since it's truly going to be his car when it's done.

My Mach 1 is numbers-matching with less than 90,000 miles... but who cares? It's a pile right now - worthless, even - until it's shiny and running right. And when that time comes, it won't be anything like what I mentioned above. All I know is that when I tell everybody what my car is all about, they're thinking it's very cool and will only be that much cooler when it's running.

Hey - at least we're not talking about Mustang II's, right? ;)

But if you're going to wear the Boss 351 decals, make sure they get put back in the proper location after the repaint. I think yours might be stuck-on a little high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks and I really don't plan on selling it anytime soon so I wil go original with it and put the mach 1 decals on it.

Like everyone else has said in the end it's YOUR car do what YOU want.

I know some of my friends have looked at me like I'm a nut case because I took a survivor and put the NACA hood on it and changed over from idiot lights to the factory gauges....but all I say is MY CAR!!!

Enjoy, this is what makes the Mustang hobby so much fun we do our cars the way we want!

Ken

well well we have been working!! congratulations!!

Be careful with putting heavy stuff on the roof... the roof is too plane and even if it doesn´t seems so, you car damage it... i don´t know the correct term but that kind of damage that only is visible when the new paint shines... The brightness can be incorrect... Woow.. not a good day for my english!! if you dont understand me, please sorry!!.. jeje

Oh.. another thing.. why dont you open a new thread, maybe in the garagge session to post the actual car, it´s specs and the progress??... this thread supose to be your introduction and you´ve been enough here already :p

We keep in touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back