'71'73 Mustangs.com Annual Meet & Greet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corky, somehow I completely missed seeing this invite. I'd love to do this. Let me see what I can do to put it on my schedule. That is fiscal year end and is a CRAZY time for the government so I may get laughed at when I ask for those days off. I also have to get the front end rebuilt on the 71M 4 speed car due to loose steering. If the 71 isn't feeling up to it I suppose we could bring the wife's '05 stang vert and as a last resort would bring the hotrod Excursion. I've had the X doing 100 or so at the Bristol Speedway track once with a straight pipe exhaust - felt like a part of the NASCAR truck series. Lol
Hot Damn, Now we got the ball rolling. This is how we buildon doing this type of thing. One person sez, Yeah, Might be do able, Let's see what we can work out.

Jeff is an absolute maybe, That would be Three.

How bout Tnfastbk another Super Mod, only bout 75 miles from Tellico Plains Then 3 hours from Franklin to home. Make fer a nice long weekend.

Franklin Bash http://fyi.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=10

Who's up next??

I've got the OK from my wife for us to do this road trip in the Mach 1. How cool is that! She is a true mustang girl!...only cars she's owned are mustangs, both convertibles and she's rolled with it having two baby car seats in the back since the kids were born.

So it's looking like it will be a go for us in Sept as long as I can get off work.
Don that is fantastick, Your welcome to join us travling up to Tellico Plains, check the Bash link for Hotel reservations. And Gimme a Call some time, Plz.

Tubo

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish I could get in on this , but hopefully for us that can't , someone has a good vid. cam. for the car shots & you guys smackin' beer mugs together!

Maybe my friend and forum member, Whisnane (Eddie) will join us for the drive since he lives in the area in Lenoir, NC. I sent him an invite.

Would be cool for Roy to also join us too. I just sent him a text.

Anyone else?

Corky,

This thread is in the VIP forum so most of the members can't see it. Please start a new thread in the general forum specifically for this 71-73 road trip. I sent Eddie the link with a brief description and the link (he couldn't see the thread) but he said he would love to do it if his schedule would permit.

Corky,

This thread is in the VIP forum so most of the members can't see it. Please start a new thread in the general forum specifically for this 71-73 road trip. I sent Eddie the link with a brief description and the link (he couldn't see the thread) but he said he would love to do it if his schedule would permit.

Yeah I started this in the VIP forum, specifically, to get a response from 7173 forum regulars.

Now that the idea is growing I'll re-post an invite in 7173 Mustang talk for discussuon and an info link in Car Shows, Cruises and Events

The more folks joining in make this even better. Eddie and others are more than Welcome.

It WAS a good ride!

Corky and I talked about trying to organize a 7173 get together.

I am thinking maybe we start with a big meet and greet at the Mustang 50th parties in Charlotte and Vegas next spring. Maybe beyond that we could move around in somewhat centralized locations.

Hey Barry and staff,

I just had a whakky idea that sounded good to me.(Just an idea of course!:)

If our forum membership got to a fairly sizeable size, the forum could put on an annual meet and greet rally type affair somewhere in America, and invite all members from around the world to attend. Think of it - wouldn't it be a blast if we could all meet up together for a few days, etc, etc.

Logistically, a big deal i know, but boy, what an event!!

But maybe i'm only dreaming.:angel: Maybe Christmas is getting to me!:p

Greg.:)

Hey Barry and staff,

I just had a whakky idea that sounded good to me.(Just an idea of course!:)

If our forum membership got to a fairly sizeable size, the forum could put on an annual meet and greet rally type affair somewhere in America, and invite all members from around the world to attend. Think of it - wouldn't it be a blast if we could all meet up together for a few days, etc, etc.

Logistically, a big deal i know, but boy, what an event!!

But maybe i'm only dreaming.:angel: Maybe Christmas is getting to me!:p

Greg.:)
Anything is possible! Right now though, smaller regional meets are probably more doable!

I just hosted the annual Tarragon Avenue, Middleburg, FL chapter meet and greet. With current membership at one, the logistics nearly overwhelmed me. However ... I managed to pull it off brilliantly. It was a smashing success. If membership grows any larger, I may have to hire a professional event consultant for next year :D

I would like to try for a New England "Meet and Greet"

we have quite a few members in CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME area

we can all pick a location and go for it ( in the summer)

I have hosted this type of event in the past. If anyone is interested in putting one together in Ontario Canada. I own a campground and can host up to 30 in a group. You would of course need to bring your own trailer/tent etc. I do have one rental cabin that sleeps 5.

I will offer the same rate as other groups that I am a member of. 50% discount off the regular camping rates. The only restriction is that it can't be on any of our 4 long weekends during the summer(Victoria Day/Memorial Day, July 1st/July 4th, August Civic Holiday, Labor Day).

Additionally if anyone is just travelling through my area I will offer the same discount to all 71-71 Mustangs.com members.

I have hosted this type of event in the past. If anyone is interested in putting one together in Ontario Canada. I own a campground and can host up to 30 in a group. You would of course need to bring your own trailer/tent etc. I do have one rental cabin that sleeps 5.

I will offer the same rate as other groups that I am a member of. 50% discount off the regular camping rates. The only restriction is that it can't be on any of our 4 long weekends during the summer(Victoria Day/Memorial Day, July 1st/July 4th, August Civic Holiday, Labor Day).

Additionally if anyone is just travelling through my area I will offer the same discount to all 71-71 Mustangs.com members.
I would love to go to Ontario!

I just hosted the annual Tarragon Avenue, Middleburg, FL chapter meet and greet. With current membership at one, the logistics nearly overwhelmed me. However ... I managed to pull it off brilliantly. It was a smashing success. If membership grows any larger, I may have to hire a professional event consultant for next year :D

Hey Pat,

It's always great to see a guy who can get off on his own company!!:D:D:D

Greg.:p

Hey Pat,

It's always great to see a guy who can get off on his own company!!:D:D:D

Greg.:p
It really works out better this way Greg. I've never been much for being a "member" of anything organized. Which, by the way, made for an interesting dynamic during my tour of duty with the Navy and my 23 year career in the fire service :-/. As Groucho Marx used to say ... "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member". :D

On a more sincere note ... I think it's a grand idea you have there mate. While I may not join any official roster, I'm always up for a party::beer::

This sounds like a great idea! Maybe set up regional events and then a "national" or "international" meet.

An international meet in Mustang, OK seems appropriate to me. The OKC area has a great airport and is fairly centrally located.

I dunno...Honolulu might be a good place. It's centrally located and easy to drive to...

Tubo organized a drive through the mountians/meet and greet in NC and TN two or three months ago. It was a joint effort with the Mustang Steve forum guys. It is an annual event.

I HAVE A FREE place to stay in Hawaii.... so I'm IN!!! My preference would be Blue Ridge Parkway as Don suggest ....you Have to have a good time there. However you guys will have to stop by and pick up my ex-girlfriend at the Tn line...... my wife insist she is still trying to find me. 40 years....yeah I'm sure

I'm going to look into having "Northeast Meet and Greet"

the Mustang Club of New England ( www.mccne.com ) has a few shows around the CT and Mass area. we can pick one of the shows and plan to meet there.

the ones in CT are @ Mustangs Unlimited store, we might even get some eastern NY members to join us.

Back