71Convert Restoration Project Progress

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are my inspiration!! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. This chrome refurbishment is really helpful information.

I’m about to copy your path on my car. I was planning to coat my parking light bezel with the molotow pen but now think I’ll buy an airbrush and learn how to use it based on your post. I also got the S-02 sealer in anticipation of your results. Now I’m thinking about your earlier comment about trying Alclad II High Gloss Lacquer?

Great work and thanks for posting so much for us. Oh, you also inspired me to build a stand for my dashboard refurbishment and it’s been a game changer. Never would’ve thought of that on my own!

Bob
Thanks Bob! Glad I could help someone. Not sure if Alclad II High Gloss Lacquer would work better than the S-02 sealer. I decided to bite the bullet and try one more time to repaint the bezels and seal them. Would probably help if I practice more before I shoot the final coats. Will let you and everyone else know how it came out this time.

George

Last edited:
I have an update on my fight with the S-02 Chrome Sealer over the Molotow Chrome. Below are some pics of my BELTS and PARK lights on my dash. I air brushed the Molotow Chrome on and it came out nice. Very shiny and looked pretty close to chrome. After a few months I airbrushed on the S-02 Sealer topcoat. I have posted some pics below and have to say, I was disappointed. It has been several weeks and the chrome finish hasn't cracked this time. Unfortunately, the chrome finish did dull some after adding the sealer but the chrome finish is much more durable. I may have laid the sealer on too thick. I am leaving it as is for now but may try again in the future and this time, lay down lighter coats of the S-02 Sealer.
Those things are gold! Mine crumpled when I removed it 😢

Back