72 250 motor mounts.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue72

Reaction score
My Car
All original.
All,
Having purchased and shipped a 72 ragtop back east to a friend, I’m now trying to provide some long distance support, literally.
He dropped an engine mount, luckily, in his driveway and I’m trying to source a new one for him.
It seems the 250 six cylinder mounts are not easy to locate.
Any help in finding one or a complete set would be appreciated.
Regards,
Blue72

I ran into this with my sister's 1969 Mustang convertible with the 250. I made a solid mount by replacing the rubber with a block of aluminum. Worked perfectly and never experienced any additional noise or vibration.

Edit: As I recall, the block was about the size of a bar of soap. Delrin may be a workable alternative to the aluminum.

Last edited:
I ran into this with my sister's 1969 Mustang convertible with the 250. I made a solid mount by replacing the rubber with a block of aluminum. Worked perfectly and never experienced any additional noise or vibration.

Edit: As I recall, the block was about the size of a bar of soap. Delrin may be a workable alternative to the aluminum.
Thanks, I think this may be the route he will have to take. I have some hard neoprene pads about that size. I’ll ship a couple back and see if his mechanic can make something of them.

The 71-72 convertible 250-6es use a specific motor mount insulator, D1ZZ-6038-C, which is different from the fixed roof cars, which use D0OZ-6038-B. The rest of the parts are the same, so theoretically you can interchange the fixed roof insulators for the convertible insulators, provided you do that in pairs. There's one listed on eBay. Some of the NOS parts sellers - Green Sales, NOS LTD, etc may have them available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226208909275

1720196977634.png

The 71-72 convertible 250-6es use a specific motor mount insulator, D1ZZ-6038-C, which is different from the fixed roof cars, which use D0OZ-6038-B. The rest of the parts are the same, so theoretically you can interchange the fixed roof insulators for the convertible insulators, provided you do that in pairs. There's one listed on eBay. Some of the NOS parts sellers - Green Sales, NOS LTD, etc may have them available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226208909275

View attachment 90472
Thank you Sir.

Back