72 Coupe 302 Alternator belt length ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tesla80

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Coupe Grande 302 FMX
Hi I have a 72 Coupe Grande, 302 factory AC car, power steering. The car has 3 belts, one for the AC, one for the PS that also drives the water pump and then one that goes crank to alternator. Does anyone know the length of that belt. I already relaced the others but before I take this one off I would like to have the replacement on hand. Looking at all the parts places there is no easy listing for just that alt belt. Thanks in advance for any help !

I will check tonight. I am gonna pull the old on off tonight and take it to the parts store with me. Thanks !

I have a 71-302 AC PC car…not sure if mine is stock style. ALT goes to crankshaft as pictured, PS is under AC. See pic for Napa part number.

Attachments

• IMG_5382.jpeg
    IMG_5382.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5385.jpeg
    IMG_5385.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I have a 71-302 AC PC car…not sure if mine is stock style. ALT goes to crankshaft as pictured, PS is under AC. See pic for Napa part number.
Thanks that is the exact same setup as mine. Looks like I need a 39.5" belt. Thanks for the help I will get one tonight. One more piece to the puzzle.

That AC compressor doesn't look in line with the water pump pulley. Either too far forward or backward.

That AC compressor doesn't look in line with the water pump pulley. Either too far forward or backward.
It’s a bad picture angle….it might be 1/16 or 1/8 off, but not enough to cause any issue or wear…it’s not rubbing any belt material off…

Back