72 Coyote Update

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
65 Mustang
72 Mustang Fastback
It’s been about a year since I posted about my Dad’s ’72 Coyote project. Last fall we had high hopes of showing off the car at Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach this year, but plans got delayed due to other priorities.

I am happy to report the car is on track for 2016 and currently out for paint. The car was sprayed 2015 Mustang Deep Impact Blue. White Boss style hockey stick stripes with a “Coyote” script will be added to the sides.

If you missed earlier posts, car highlights include: Coil over suspension, mustang II front end, disc brakes, Coyote 5.0, tremec TKO 600, and digital gauges. The car will maintain a somewhat stock body/interior with standout features such as recaro seats and billet specialties rims.

The engine bay picture is the last shot taken of the engine test fitment before the car was torn down for paint prep.

What do you think so far? My Dad is concerned the car will not get the attention like an earlier model. I think he's crazy, this thing is awesome...

mustang 1.jpg

mustang 2.jpg

mustang 3.jpg

mustang 4.jpg

mustang 5.jpg

IMG_1986.JPG

I think that is the same color as my Taurus. I was considering painting my '72 Mach that color with silver lower, hockey stripes, and hood. I can't wait to see how your turns out assembled and in sunlight. Looks great so far!

I think your dad is wrong. I think the car will get plenty of attention. and I give u two thumbs up and doing this body style. these years get over looked all the time. If I had the money I would love to do a custom 71-73.

I went to a little car show Saturday morning with my 73. As soon as I pulled in my car started getting attention. When I popped the hood and revved the engine a couple of times, I had more people looking than the guy in a Ferrari California T across the lot from me. (His car was gorgeous BTW)

My car is loud, it is fast, it is a bit primal even, but my paint is aging and has multiple minor flaws. It is no show car, but it is different and it draws a crowd.

I think what you are doing is gorgeous and looks to be well executed. You might want to include exhaust cut outs to reel in the viewers

If your dad doesn't get the attention he wants PM me I will buy his car!!!

Back