72 HO Mach1 on Ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The previous owner--from somewhere in east Michigan--perhaps Macomb?) of this 72 HO had it up for sale on the www.carsonline.com website about 3-4 years ago. I spoke to the owner. Nothing was said or written at the time about the original 351-HO motor being pulled and hot-tanked..Something must have happened to the motor for this kind of action to be taken.

Yet, having said that, if an interested buyer was close enough to the car today and could verify the matching numbers motor and the rebuild, then this Mustang is worth a $20K price tag. Bright Blue Metallic is a desirable color; solid lifters with a 4 speed and 4.11 rear make this pony very quick; only 366 HO made in 72 make it rare. I restored a 72 HO in Grabber Blue. It was faster than the 1971 429CJ in the 1/4..

Could be a great investment and a lot of fun for someone.

I hate to say this but its R Coded Mustang end of story. Bottom line its not a Boss 351 or a lost Boss(IE 40 year stored barn find). Not really impressed by what a magazine says because its all hearsay and some dude talking about things 40 years ago. We all know how fuzzy memory gets after 40 years.

Rare yes, 1 of 366 yes. Looks like a real nice car and to me without out personally seeing the car I probably would question spending 20k without some serious inspection. I have seen to many of these cars chopped up over the years to know how much hides underneath. Tared floor boards and such

But advertising it as a Lost Boss 351 is serious false advertising. I hope some poor schmo doesn't get screwed and understands exactly what they are buying.

The previous owner--from somewhere in east Michigan--perhaps Macomb?) of this 72 HO had it up for sale on the www.carsonline.com website about 3-4 years ago. I spoke to the owner. Nothing was said or written at the time about the original 351-HO motor being pulled and hot-tanked..Something must have happened to the motor for this kind of action to be taken.

Yet, having said that, if an interested buyer was close enough to the car today and could verify the matching numbers motor and the rebuild, then this Mustang is worth a $20K price tag. Bright Blue Metallic is a desirable color; solid lifters with a 4 speed and 4.11 rear make this pony very quick; only 366 HO made in 72 make it rare. I restored a 72 HO in Grabber Blue. It was faster than the 1971 429CJ in the 1/4..

Could be a great investment and a lot of fun for someone.
I would want to see the VIN on the fender apron to be absolutely sure but I agree if the numbers check out 20 grand is actually a good deal if you can get it for that.

It is just the way the ad is written that screams "proceed with caution" at me.

Not 100 percent sure but

I thought in 72 the R code was a drive train only option

So the car being a Mach 1 should have urathane front bumper, dual exh rear valance and that is not the right air cleaner

Agree with BK those hood pins ruined that hood

Not 100 percent sure but

I thought in 72 the R code was a drive train only option

So the car being a Mach 1 should have urathane front bumper, dual exh rear valance and that is not the right air cleaner

Agree with BK those hood pins ruined that hood
+1.

72 R codes could be orderd in any body style. So no Boss 351. Very close but not same.

Ray

"ALSO INCLUDED IS A RESTORED FULL LENGTH CONSOLE" Really it looks aftermarket.
Maybe it broke and they replaced it so they could fix the original and never put it back. Same can be said for the engine.

The car looks nice and if everything checks out i think it could be a sweet ride. A lot can happen in 40 years so it's hard to tell. I think for 20k I would want to see the car in person and the "hot tanked" engine.

Maybe they liked the chrome bumper better. Car was repainted 20 years ago.

Back