72 Mustang from Gas Monkey on Ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't take much to make it right

yes - take off the stripes - just does not look right with the standard hood and for crying out loud put a jack and hook and wing nut with the spare, turn the spoiler around, repaint the engine the correct dark blue, put a boot over the top well, and get the door data label made from Marti so at least the buyer will know the original color, etc. An invest of a few hundred would go a long way to show they know more than they evidently do.

whats up with that washer bottle
Believe it or not, that's a stock washer reservoir bag from a '64.5-'66. Ford used them on most cars previously until that time frame.

Typical Gas Monkey (I can hear it now): "We buffed and waxed the crap out of the paint, lowered it, threw on some new wheels, painted the air cleaner, and stuck a Gas Monkey sticker inside the trunk, and want $10,000 more because we touched it. I'll even throw in all the donuts I did in the parking lot for free."

All gaps suck, the hood is warped, passenger door is sagging, grille is mounted poorly, trunk spoiler on backward, front spoiler is incorrectly mounted, 'vert top frame work is nasty, engine is nasty, and both bumpers are skewed to one side. They probably also want WAY too much, since the $13,355 current bid doesn't meet Reserve.

And No, I am still not a fan.

its a quick flip car for him, Richard and Aaron put minimum work into it and he is trying to make a killing on it.

the hood was the first thing that caught my attention, the wash bottle was the second, and the painted door latch and the painted screws that hold the door latch, come on now that $6 in hardware to make it look better.

its a quick flip car for him, Richard and Aaron put minimum work into it and he is trying to make a killing on it.
And therein lies my problem - the whole 'industry' of flippers just seems to be on the fine line of 'dishonest' to me. Especially if it involved low-balling someone to buy something (because it's such a POS), then washing and hanging an air freshener for a new price of thousands more, telling prospective buyers what a gem it is.

Even more so with the Gas Monkey guys, since they act like their having farted in the general location of the car has somehow increased the value. Glorified Used Car salesmen thanks to a TV show.

I get it. I don't agree with it... but I get it. For some, it's entertainment and I can understand that. I know it's essentially the same, but I actually like Counting Cars. Maybe they just seem less greasy to me. Maybe I've been in Texas too long, know too many people like the Gas Monkey guys, and hate the personality or something.

OK - I'm done now. :D

Anyone notice the rot likely laying under the truck mat cover?

And the 65 washer fluid bag screams "we know wtf we are doing"

This has to be a joke, from 100ft away it's not bad looking minus those donk wheels that really went out if style in 2008.

A lot of it is petty but it doesn't cost anything to research how to mount spoilers, alight bumpers and hood. That is just lazy quick flip cash grab that I don't see how anyone is willing to pay what's currently offered right now. There's many better cars posted on classifieds right here!

How about just a brake pedal pad...

And therein lies my problem - the whole 'industry' of flippers just seems to be on the fine line of 'dishonest' to me. Especially if it involved low-balling someone to buy something (because it's such a POS), then washing and hanging an air freshener for a new price of thousands more, telling prospective buyers what a gem it is.

Even more so with the Gas Monkey guys, since they act like their having farted in the general location of the car has somehow increased the value. Glorified Used Car salesmen thanks to a TV show.

I get it. I don't agree with it... but I get it. For some, it's entertainment and I can understand that. I know it's essentially the same, but I actually like Counting Cars. Maybe they just seem less greasy to me. Maybe I've been in Texas too long, know too many people like the Gas Monkey guys, and hate the personality or something.

OK - I'm done now. :D
Counts kustoms is a real cool show

Apparently Kounts Kustoms did a 71-73 does anyone have a pic?

WOW

buy a 5.00 window crank knob

So just remove the incorrect snaps on the hockey stick chrome and leave the holes

Plus look at the feedback they have gotten :p:p:p

Two things I noticed right away besides what everyone else has said. 1. Do they really not know how to spell "convertible" in their listing header hahahaha. 2. Didn't anyone else notice that the passenger seat is leaning farther back than the drivers seat? Looks like a broken seat frame to me.

gasmonkeygarage ( Feedback Score Of 278) 95.8% Positive feedback ...I would never buy a car from anyone with that low of a score on ebay ...and with that small amount of sales..Not even a power seller...They need to start off with a new account and sell some smalls..lol

Yup..Over priced..But with fame they get to charge more cause they touched it ;)..lol

This one is the best

Buyer says it has major rust

Seller gets mad

Seller did not disclose vehicle's underbody had servere rust unrepairable

Member id njgarose28 ( Feedback Score Of 271)

Jul-12-10 19:25

Reply by gasmonkeygarage (Oct-12-10 04:17):

You did not buy the car How the F#$#$ can you give me negitive feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
Back