72 project

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
LOL, he is no where near 85% done more like 30%. You need to see before pictures. Was cowl replaced? Does not look like it was taken all the way apart to do, suspension off etc. Would not be a show car unless you back up and do some over. Were quarters replaced, butt welds or lap welds? What was original engine 6, 302 351?

I bought a failed restore farther along than this with extra fenders, ram air and back to rolling chassis with all NOS Ford components. Q code vert with built engine and transmission and rear for $5,500. I am doing some of his panel repair over because of lap welds and taking back apart to do a better job. I have seen fully painted projects that failed or owner passed on for less. Yes the body work and paint is very expensive today, $50.00 an hour and up. You can put over $5,000 just in paint and body materials pretty quick also.

Heck I might die tonight and there will be 15 cars for sale next week happens everyday.

He cannot expect to get what he has in it back. The one I bought had $16,000 in receipts and was not 50% complete. They are a black hole for money for sure.

David

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
No VIN, No Marti Rpt.....looks nice in the pics to its current stage and is described as "all there "- except no engine included (whatever it may have been).

I would be extremely wary of this one.