72 to pace Southern 500 - Labor Day weekend

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still feels hard to believe that I had the chance to expereince this. I have attached a couple more pictures from the Nascar official who rode with me during the parade lap.

IMG_7153.JPG

IMG_7178.JPG

IMG_7182.JPG

IMG_7191.JPG

IMG_7189.JPG

That is so cool! I watched most of the race, including the pre-race to see if I could pick your car out. I saw the four cars coming down pit road just before the green flag, but the view was so far away, I couldn't identify your car. I know that was just one amazing experience.

Thank you everyone. It was truly a great expereince to have. I am still looking for more pictures. I have emailed Ford and Darlington Speedway to see what I can find. From watching the dvr I made of the race you only see the cars when they show the field coming around on the last parade lap before the green flag. Once is in the photo I have attached and the other is an ariel shot just after that.

11227511_10204961498343008_1580055531613488141_n.jpg

Couple more pictures from the Ford photgrapher. The picture up against the Darlington written on the wall has become my new screensaver.

Dad and I enjoying the time before Sunday's race.

IMG_0619.JPG

15DAR1MT1517.jpg

15DAR1MT1525.jpg

15DAR1nk05612.jpg

15DAR1nk05744.jpg

15DAR1rl_04773.jpg

15DAR1rl_04881.jpg

Just watched the 2016 Southern 500 this past weekend and all of the great memories of last year came flooding back. This was really a once in a lifetime experience that I will really cherish doing with my Dad. I emailed the Ford marketing representative that treated us like VIPs last year and just thanked her again for this great experience. She stated Chevy had the pace lap this year. Did anyone see what they had?

That's so cool! I think I'd almost have to make the trip if they decided to do something similar at Texas Motor Speedway one of these times.

Thanks for sharing the memory! ::thumb::

Your right I had not. I have put a lot of miles on the trailer since buying it last year. I have trailered to Darlington,SC, Dickson, TN, St. Augustine, FL, and Alton, IL. May go to Myrtle Beach, SC for the MCA show on 9/30. Still debating about that. Planning to go to the MCA Club show in Little Rock, AR on 09/17.

Just bought new tires for the trailer this week and decided that I should probably get new ones for the truck. I really hate Goodyear tires. 32K on the truck in a little over 1 year and these Wranglers are down to the wear ribs. Have never been happy with Goodyear tires.

trailer.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodyears wear out really fast, mostly because they're soft compound tires. I know I leave tire prints on my driveway just turning into it. Every set of Goodyears I've ever had have never lasted anywhere close to their claimed mileage life.

Nice rig, though! ::thumb::

Latest posts

Back