73 Mach 1 Sells for $46,900 someone is blind and crazy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my Dream 73 Mach 1. Baby Blue, Q Code; 4 speed; Fold Down; Mach1 Sport interior in Black; Rim Blow; AC. I would even put the T Handle and Magnums on it those would be personal touches that deviated from stock. Way overpriced and too many things wrong, but still closest I have ever seen to my Dream Mach 1.

I thinks its an over priced nicely fixed up Mustang, Its in now way worth anything over $22,000 (MAX) its not Concourse in anyway shape of form, its Just a nice driver, show at Cruise Nights and local car shows.

just my 2 cents

Hi David,

I've been tracking Vanguard's selling prices for a couple of years now, and find them to be way up there all 'round. They ask for top money on most of their selling stock. :chin: I guess it's down to the old saying - buyer beware, and do your homework.

Greg.:)
I did buy a VERY nice, original low mile, 1971 429 CJ Mach 1 from them a couple of years ago. It was a good process, and they answered all questions honestly. BUT you do need to ASK the right questions! :) My two cents....they can be good guys!

Hi David,

I've been tracking Vanguard's selling prices for a couple of years now, and find them to be way up there all 'round. They ask for top money on most of their selling stock. :chin: I guess it's down to the old saying - buyer beware, and do your homework.

Greg.:)
I did buy a VERY nice, original low mile, 1971 429 CJ Mach 1 from them a couple of years ago. It was a good process, and they answered all questions honestly. BUT you do need to ASK the right questions! :) My two cents....they can be good guys!
That is good to hear. Most just want to make a buck. I just wish they would price them correct, not looking for a sucker that knows nothing.

David

I have no affiliation with this place, but I have been watching the stock at this dealer for well over a year. They are pretty highly-regarded and I came close to purchasing a '72 Mach 1 they had in this same color combo around a year ago.

http://www.volocars.com/vehicles/13317/1971-ford-mustang-mach-1

They have a pretty good mix of Mustangs in general, and they always seem to have a few '73 convertibles on hand. Pricing seems to run from the low side up to what you'd legitimately expect at a dealer, without going overboard too often. You'll see the usual things occasionally like Mach 1 stripes added, ram-air added, two-tone hood paint scheme, etc. but if the cars are solid from a lack of rust and drivetrain perspective, well we know what should and shouldn't have been available on particular models. Check out the hopped up '78 Mustang II with 347 stroker they have listed if you want a good chuckle. That car looks like it would be a blast on the weekends but I think it will be tough to get the price.

Back