73 Mach 1 Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceMac

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach1 351 Q 4V

66 Notchback 302
trying to establish if ex factory a 73 Mach 1 had:

1 )Front spoiler under 5mph Bumper?

2 ) Park lights under 5mph Bumper and if so where mounted if

front spoiler was also std

I can find no spec's clarifying the above.Look forward to reply's.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!
HI Bruce,

I believe they were:

1) Optional and not standard on Mach-1 models.

2) No parking lights under the 1973 re-designed larger front bumper. Instead, the verticle lights on the 73's grill was tripled as a parking, turn signal and sports lamps.

Just an observation on my own 1973 Mach1. Others will hopefully confirm and chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks in advance!
HI Bruce,

I believe they were:

1) Optional and not standard on Mach-1 models.

2) No parking lights under the 1973 re-designed larger front bumper. Instead, the verticle lights on the 73's grill was tripled as a parking, turn signal and sports lamps.

Just an observation on my own 1973 Mach1. Others will hopefully confirm and chime in.
Thanks so much for that,stops me trying to locate something that never was! ie. the lights.

I non-concur with what was said about the front spoiler. The front spoiler was not a factory option; the rear spoiler was but not the front. Having said that, I'm sure the dealerships sold front spoilers as dealer options for any car they'd fit onto. The front spoiler was a factory 1971 Boss car item only.

Correct info for the turn signal/parking lamps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I non-concur with what was said about the front spoiler. The front spoiler was not a factory option; the rear spoiler was but not the front. Having said that, I'm sure the dealerships sold front spoilers as dealer options for any car they'd fit onto. The front spoiler was a factory 1971 Boss car item only.

Correct info for the turn signal/parking lamps.
The front spoiler was an over the counter purchase at the Ford dealer in 1973. I bought my first one for 17.00+ tax!(I should have bought a truck load!)

I think the front spoiler looks good on cars with a plastic cover on the bumper or a painted bumper. Not so good on a chrome bumper in my opinion. Same as the mach 1 rear spoiler on anything but the fastback.

Back