73 Mach 1 correct interior for code GA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpasaunders

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 3514 barrel 4 speed
First time posting. Hope I am doing it correctly. I just purchased a 73 Mach 1 with interior trim code GA. In looking thru vendor web sites I see several listing for black mach 1 interior. black/black, black/gray for front seats and the same for the carpet and inserts.
which would be considered factory correct? Any input would be gratly appreciated.

Welcome from Chicago! My '73 Mach 1 I had in high school had the original interior and it was black with gray inserts framing the comfort weave in the middle of seats and the carpet was black with gray sewn in floormats. Unfortunately I do not know what the interior code was on that car, back then I didn't know to look at that stuff. Here is the only interior pic I have of that car from back in the day. You can see the sewn in floor mats are gray on the black carpet and the seat had the gray inserts and the comfort weave in the middle.

Attachments

• 73 Mach 1 8.jpg
    73 Mach 1 8.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 1
Welcome from Chicago! My '73 Mach 1 I had in high school had the original interior and it was black with gray inserts framing the comfort weave in the middle of seats and the carpet was black with gray sewn in floormats. Unfortunately I do not know what the interior code was on that car, back then I didn't know to look at that stuff. Here is the only interior pic I have of that car from back in the day. You can see the sewn in floor mats are gray on the black carpet and the seat had the gray inserts and the comfort weave in the middl
Welcome from Chicago! My '73 Mach 1 I had in high school had the original interior and it was black with gray inserts framing the comfort weave in the middle of seats and the carpet was black with gray sewn in floormats. Unfortunately I do not know what the interior code was on that car, back then I didn't know to look at that stuff. Here is the only interior pic I have of that car from back in the day. You can see the sewn in floor mats are gray on the black carpet and the seat had the gray inserts and the comfort weave in the middle.
Thanks for the info! I appreciate the response. That is what I will go with. Again Thanks!

First time posting. Hope I am doing it correctly. I just purchased a 73 Mach 1 with interior trim code GA. In looking thru vendor web sites I see several listing for black mach 1 interior. black/black, black/gray for front seats and the same for the carpet and inserts.
which would be considered factory correct? Any input would be gratly appreciated.
As stated by others, the correct color for the GA code for your '73 Mach 1 is black with grey/silver inserts and black carpet with grey mat-style inserts.
The '72 GA trim code was carried over and used for 1973 applications. A fire at the manufacturing facility that produced the comfort weave material destroyed the looms beyond repair. This was a Perfect storm of catastrophic events. Ford was in the final months of production for the first generation Mustang. The '73s were in a "Lame Duck" period as Ford was focused on getting the last of the '73s built and out the door on time. The Mustang II launch was fast approaching, and the plant needed to shut down for a completely new model changeover. The Mustang II launch timing was critical and had to happen on time, and extending the '73 production was out of the question. The trim enginers decision was made to substitute plain vinyl for the comfort weave. A third digit, "A," was added to all affected trim codes to designate the interior with the deviation seat materials. So it is possible to find trim code GA and GAA for the same interior option in '73.
1691347149154.png

This is mine with "GA" interior code. I dont think the carpet and floor mats are original. The seats should be. My back seats have the same weave pattern/colors as the front ones.

1691348798101.png

Back