73 Mach 1 Steering Wheel Interchange

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 CJ 4 speed HIGHLY Optioned
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts; Would appreciate your input, knowledge, experiences in regards to what year/s of Mustang steering wheels will fit/bolt-up to a 73 Mach 1 column?...I like the looks of the simulated wood grain rim blow steering wheels on the earlier Mach 1's. If I acquire an earlier year rim blow steering wheel, will it bolt up?!....Thanks!!...Mark

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts; Would appreciate your input, knowledge, experiences in regards to what year/s of Mustang steering wheels will fit/bolt-up to a 73 Mach 1 column?...I like the looks of the simulated wood grain rim blow steering wheels on the earlier Mach 1's. If I acquire an earlier year rim blow steering wheel, will it bolt up?!....Thanks!!...Mark
I know 70 - 73 are the same

Also have seen a lot of 74-77 Mustang 2 steering wheels in 71-3's

I use to have grant steering wheels and the mounting kits were the same for 68 - 77

I know 70 - 73 are the same

Also have seen a lot of 74-77 Mustang 2 steering wheels in 71-3's

I use to have grant steering wheels and the mounting kits were the same for 68 - 77
Hello OMS; Very much appreciate your reply & input. I have enclosed a link to a steering wheel I would like to install. Can you Please view the link & give me your advice/experience as too, if this steering wheel will be a "Direct Bolt-up"?!....Thanks!, Mark
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-ford-mustang-mach-1-Grande-deluxe-woodgrain-steering-wheel-/111105549102?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19de68232e&vxp=mtr

That's a '69 only wheel (it will bolt into a '70-'73, but the steering lock won't work as it does not have the lock plate.)

Back