A New Milestone for Midlife Harness Restorations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mark/label the harnesses you work on in a specific way so it can be recognized later? I ask because someone could purchase a Mustang that you had already worked on the harness, so out of curiosity, how can we know?
Sorry, I don't (except for my fabricated hard-wire dash cluster harness). I can recognize my own work (e.g. tape, splices, heat shrink, etc.), but I have run across harnesses that need no surgery and would be unable to determine if I have worked on it before.

CJ Miller would be interested in this ballpark question too. and what the deal with the Tach, I have factory and my build guy couldn't hook??
I don't quite understand your question, but the Ford tachs have to have their wiring in-line between ignition and points, as they are current sensing. Ford is the only one who does this, so anyone unfamiliar would suspect tachs are the standard voltage-sensing devices, using completely different wiring schemes.

I don't quite understand your question, but the Ford tachs have to have their wiring in-line between ignition and points, as they are current sensing. Ford is the only one who does this, so anyone unfamiliar would suspect tachs are the standard voltage-sensing devices, using completely different wiring schemes.
Didnt understand the wife but answered the question to perfection.. You are the man.except for the hubby who fixed the brake issue today.

Two days ago, I refurbished my 1000th underdash harness! I started the business on March 22, 2008, so it has taken some time to get to this point! Most of the work has been on harnesses, but there have been 53 Cougars, a smattering of Torinos, Montegos, and Falcons, but no trucks. My first truck was yesterday, # 1001! I would have reached this point earlier, but I've had 2 back surgeries, one hip replacement, and a Cat5 hurricane that interrupted work.

Based upon the number of Mustangs produced, I was expecting more 65/66's than later years, but that's not the case. Clearly, 69 and 70's are the most popular, with 68 close behind, with all three accounting for 50% of my work. Part of this may be due to the costs and availability of reproductions (there are no 71-73 repros).

View attachment 91543
Midlife kicks a$$(y)

Back