Air Cleaner Clip

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The part I recall was straight (not angled) and was used to attach the tube from the Air cleaner base to the charcoal canister. It does not need any clip as it has two tabs that lock it in place when you twist it on the hole.

Thanks for the info guys but I am using an aftermarket air filter housing where I will be punching out a hole on the bottom plate and use that angled (blue) tube, to hold that tube in place I need the corresponding clip.

Since the similar original piece never used a clip, you will need to fabricate one.  There is another plastic tube that attaches to the air cleaner assy that does have a clip.  It (clip) is bent and holds connecting hard plastic tube in the housing by pressure against tube and side of the air cleaner housing.

air cleaner hose clip.JPG

Ray

i have a 250 six  stock air cleaner  i believe that clip came with the crank case filter  it was a fram

just found it @auto zone duralast filter and clip 2.50 $

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember this clip being attached to my air filter housing when I first purchased the car in 1987. I got that blue angled tube at epay where the seller stated this original Ford piece fits 70-73 302/Boss/428 I guess I got hosed I just couldn't remember that there was a straight tube for the hose from the charcoal filter to the air cleaner assembly. Now I have to figure something out on how to attach that hose. Thanks everybody for their input!

Not A T5, Since your working with an aftermarket air cleaner, I know of a clip you might be able to use so you can still use your blue adapter. There is a clip on the air cleaner on my 85 GT that retains the TVS valve. It has two arms but does not have the two additional clip style arms that normally retain the black 383411-S  adapter to the stock air cleaner. Ford part number for the 85 clip is 383741-S. Not sure if this is something Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply stocks since the application is for 79-85 5.0 litre Foxes. NPD shows stock,  https://www.npdlink.com/product/clip-air-cleaner-original-383741-s/178753

Not sure how far away Imperial or Seward is from you but the Ford dealers there also show some inventory on that discontinued part. Let me know if you need any contact info. (The "9E628" clip in the illustration is the clip with the additional two arms)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back