• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Air Vent Damper Switcj

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman

Reaction score
My Car
72 Coupe
Air Vent Damper Top.docxDoes anyone kmow where I may get hold of a Air vent damper switch for 72 model with air conditioning?

My air vents are stuck in defrost mode, and blowing air to the windscreen.

I have tracked the problem back to the air-vent vacuum switch.

My switch is missing the top which diverts the vacuum to the appropriate air vent motor switch.

This top part also has a cam which operates the air conditioner micro-switch.

Am I able to buy a complete whole Damper switch, or just the top cover of the switch?

I have tried searching the net and many Mustang spares sites, with no luck as yet.

jman Brisbane - Australia

Attachments

• Air Vent Damper Top.docx
    70.7 KB · Views: 20
I probably have it.

send me a picture - can't open that file

I need that also for a 71

jman, Brisbane Australia - I have managed to source 1 locally in australia, one as pictured above.

There are in fact 2 different types.-

The one pictured above, which has a metal top to the valve, the switch also mounts on the left-hand side of the unit when looking at it from the front.

The other type has a plastic top, with the switch on the right-hand side when looking from the front.

The plastic top ones appear to be the ones giving all the trouble, the spacer/clip arrangement that holds the top on wears, causing the top to come off, and in my case be thrown out by someone who does not realise what it is.

..... jman

Back