Another rare vehicle came out.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Yesterday evening there were I think 6 different car gatherings to choose from. When I got to the interstate it was a parking lot so decided to go a different way. I went to the Outlet Mall near Asheville that has a Friday free show every week. Not many there maybe a dozen cars due to so many options. In comes in a shiny clean looking Shelby convertible the gold color. He parks and we talk some and I ask it is real. He said yes his brother bought new and was killed and his wife sold it to him since she could not drive a 4 speed. 

Sad story on his brother was in a fight the guy stabbed him in the chest. The fight over he goes to his van and gets in and actually puts a band aid on what he thinks is a small cut. The blade of the knife had nicked his heart and he bled to death sitting there.

So I did get some pics will upload this afternoon. 

The car is confirmed by Marti to be the very first GT-350 Shelby Convertible built. He has had since 1972 when his brother got killed. 

As we all know Ford got fed up with the poor performance of the Shelby group not full filling their part of the contract so Ford pulled everything from California, skipped the 1967 year and then built them in the Ford factory. Holman Moody ended up with all of the stuff from the Shelby facility in California that Ford owned 100% of. 

I just find it so odd that Shelby gets all the credit for what several others did. He failed at getting the numbers up on the Mustang. He failed at building the GT-40 cars H&M took over after he struggled and then Ford blistered the competition. Shelby failed at the European market with just a hand full of cars built. He also failed in Mexico again just a few cars built. After he had not other options with Ford 

he went to other mfg's and also failed with the Chrysler connection. 

How everyone thinks he was so great is a puzzle to me. 

The new movie coming out just propagates the lies even more. Ford Vs Ferrari. It portrays Shelby as being the big one when Holman & Moody really pulled the car to the front.

Ok can find no interesting shows today so I went and got the camera out of car here are the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back