Any Dodge Tech's here? 2011 Durango

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I have a check engine light on my wife's 2011 Dodge Durango. Code scanned to Emissions Evap. Solenoid. Bought one and cannot find the darn defective one in the car. These new cars stink for hiding things in wheel wells and behind other panels. Did you know where to find the battery in a Durango?? Under the passenger seat in the occupant compartment. :huh:

If anyone know where his component would be I would appreciate some guidance?

or

If you have access to AllData or some other resource site I would appreciate that.

I have scoured the interweb for a week with only examples of older models or trucks. The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a sister car so anything from that should translate over. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can tell is that it should be located in the engine compartment by the brake booster area. You could also try looking for it in the driver side rear fender well in the front section. The inner plastic fender is removed and you should see the evap canister there and maybe the solenoid. The solenoid uses full manifold vac so it would make more sense for it to be near the motor. Not really any info online. Its funny, my Roadrunner has this canister in the rear of the fender but doesn't use a solenoid, it is always purging the canister when running vice the solenoid controlled ones. Technology in this area hasn't changed much.

Back