Austin Vert Invents Power Mirrors for '71-'73 Mustangs.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, just a final note on this (for the time being). I enjoyed your video and it was good to hear your voice. Now when I read your tutorials, I find myself reading with an Australian accent!!! I'm a Brit, so it's not hard for me to do.

I'm not going to do this for my current car, just having the much larger mirrors I made suffices. I can see a lane to my right side completely with little problem. Just a thought, you are driving on the LEFT side of the road, so that alone adds even more challenges.

You must also be able to use more than 2 fingers to type..... wish I had that skill!

Again, well done and very well presented.

Geoff.

Greg, just a final note on this (for the time being). I enjoyed your video and it was good to hear your voice. Now when I read your tutorials, I find myself reading with an Australian accent!!! I'm a Brit, so it's not hard for me to do.

I'm not going to do this for my current car, just having the much larger mirrors I made suffices. I can see a lane to my right side completely with little problem. Just a thought, you are driving on the LEFT side of the road, so that alone adds even more challenges.

You must also be able to use more than 2 fingers to type..... wish I had that skill!

Geoff.
Thanks again Geoff,

Yes, it's always fun and i guess different to hear the other accents from around the English speaking countries of the world. I must confess that when i read back any material on the Forum,from other members, it's spoken in my accent in my head.:)

Yes, driving on the left adds hardship to the situation for us Aussies who are in American cars.You do have to keep your whits about you and concentrate when you're out on the roads driving around.

Regards my typing - would you believe my typing skills are very average, and i am a two finger typing guy. I am slowly getting better as time goes on, but i guess you need patience to carry it all off.

So no sale on my mirror system for you - no problem Geoff at all. If you ever consider running with the idea later on, you know what to do or where to come i guess. Thanks again and take care mate.

Greg.:)

Geoff.
Thanks again Geoff,

Yes, it's always fun and i guess different to hear the other accents from around the English speaking countries of the world. I must confess that when i read back any material on the Forum,from other members, it's spoken in my accent in my head.:)

Yes, driving on the left adds hardship to the situation for us Aussies who are in American cars.You do have to keep your whits about you and concentrate when you're out on the roads driving around.

Regards my typing - would you believe my typing skills are very average, and i am a two finger typing guy. I am slowly getting better as time goes on, but i guess you need patience to carry it all off.

So no sale on my mirror system for you - no problem Geoff at all. If you ever consider running with the idea later on, you know what to do or where to come i guess. Thanks again and take care mate.

Amusing response Greg, gave me a chuckle for sure.

I do know several people with Mustangs, so one never knows who may be interested in your idea. I don't see why it could not be applied to other years as well. Any of the era Ford cars had very small mirrors, why, who knows what the 'thinking' was at the time.

Continue the good work. I guess at least, it keeps you busy and out of the wife's hair!!

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Greg these were obviously what you were telling me about you'd been working on. Another great innovation from the country that gave the world cochlear implants, the motor mower and of course cask wine, just to name a few. Now for those of us that are sick of trying to get the mirrors right in our Mustangs, Greg's power mirror conversion. I'll just keep using my armstrongs to adjust my mirrors, me on the drivers side and my wife (as you know Greg is in there 99% of the time) to adjust the passengers side. Great work Greg and good on you for giving it a crack and succeeding with it. Must've been some well spoken words coming from the shed at times while working on this, lol. For the next thing you work on Greg may I suggest a hover conversion for our cars, that way when the Bruce HWY or the Gateway come to a standstill for no reason, we can just up and fly off. Let me know when you've done that and I'll take one straight away. Great stuff and speak to you in the future.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the great feedback. Yeah, it would be great to have the George Jetson option when you've got the traffic jam thing happening i'm sure.:p:p:p

Glad you like the project and what i've come up with. Too bad Mr. Ford didn't jump in back in '71-'73 for the Muzzies, considering that power mirrors were a standard on Sixties Thunderbirds.:chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin:

Thanks mate, and i'll spot you soon.

Well yes I love your English language down there [sQUARED COOL][FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD] Well I will never forget it's beauty [EARTH GLOBE ASIA-AUSTRALIA] Both land and language is so awesome [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Greg you are a important member of this site [FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD][THUMBS UP SIGN] Your skills and knowledge is so awesome [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars 🇩🇰

Well yes I love your English language down there [sQUARED COOL][FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD] Well I will never forget it's beauty [EARTH GLOBE ASIA-AUSTRALIA] Both land and language is so awesome [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Greg you are a important member of this site [FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD][THUMBS UP SIGN] Your skills and knowledge is so awesome [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars ??
Thanks Lars,

Yeah, we are a crazy bunch down here for sure.:D

I'm sure you would love Australia if you were to visit and stay for a while here.

Ok, I finally found the time to sit down and read this thread completely, most of all Greg´s opening post. I found it when it was first posted but I was on vacation at the time and given the long detailed post, I knew I´d have to give this the proper respect and read it thoroughly instead of just browsing it.

Greg, what can I say? That´s awesome! How come you always come up with that stuff?

I´m gonna head right to the tutorial and look at how you did that.

Great job!!!!

Ok, I finally found the time to sit down and read this thread completely, most of all Greg´s opening post. I found it when it was first posted but I was on vacation at the time and given the long detailed post, I knew I´d have to give this the proper respect and read it thoroughly instead of just browsing it.

Greg, what can I say? That´s awesome! How come you always come up with that stuff?

I´m gonna head right to the tutorial and look at how you did that.

Great job!!!!
Hi Mike,

Hey, thanks heaps for your big positive wrap.::thumb:: Yeah, being away in America would not gave given you the time to tune into my posts.

I think there were two major things that inspired me to get into this project and take on the challenge. The first was the fact that no body had done this before for the 1,2,3 Mustangs,and i wanted to see if i could make a set for myself to enjoy, and second, i wanted to give back, and share my invention with the world, so any other '71 '73 owner could benefit and enjoy having the power mirrors as well.

I became very committed to the project after a while, and was very determined to make it work, and see it all through, come hell or high water.

I was very pleased and excited when i finally got the project finished and it all worked very well. Except for some of the auto electrical work, the rest of the project i did on my own. Thanks again Mike.

Back