Austin Vert Meets 4Vforever at Show.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi to all,

I had the pleasure of meeting and catching up with 4Vforever(Jason) for the first time, at a local all Ford Day at another raceway located outside of Brisbane called Willowbank Raceway.(City: Brisbane. State:Queensland, Australia) Jason recently has joined the '71 to '73 Forum and ownes a beautiful Q code '73 convertible finished in Gold Glow metallic the same as mine.

We had a great day, and it was really good to catch up with Jason and ramble on about our much loved '73s. His is truely a fantastic well optioned car in great condition. He is also part of a local car club, and i had the opportunity to hang out with some of the club folks myself, and ended up displaying my car next to his. We are now known as the Gold Dust Twins:p:p KAPOWEEE!!! THAT'S DOUBLE THE PUNCH!!!!

It is a good experience to meet a fellow '71-'73 vert enthusiast, as there are not many of these cars around our territory, especially the convertibles. There was another '73 vert owner (black paint finish ) at the club, but he did not bring that car to display on the day. I see the day when the '71s to '73s, will gain more and more popularity and value as time goes on around the world and take their rightful place amongst the classic greats.

Here are a few pics from the day!

237.JPG238.JPG239.JPG241.JPG245.JPG246.JPG253.JPG257.JPG260.JPG252.JPG251.JPG261.JPG

240.JPG

Many Thanks,

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have actually thought about it, but you know you have it made when this is the view from front of the house.

ae48cp.jpg
[/img]

and this is the rear view from upstairs.

xmmyz5.jpg
[/img].

where else but QLD

It was a really good day and great to catch up with you Greg. Thanks for the kind words about my car, I really do try to keep it in tip top shape, but as I said to you, there a just few things I'd like to improve on. It was a totally enjoyable talking to you about these fantastic cars and when they got parked together, well, what can I say, they just looked awesome sitting there together and they seemed to draw a lot more people toward them, once we put them together. We definitely didn't leave much more to talk about these cars by the end of the day. Your car looks great and the things you've done to it to enhance it's appearance is a credit to you, well done. It was also great to see original gold glow paint, as yours is from the doors back. It was a pleasure to have you hang out with the club, and as I said to you, they are a great bunch of people and not stuck up type and not prejudice on the type of car you have, unlike some clubs as we spoke about (like the one you parked with at Lakeside) Thank goodness that it warmed up though and ended up being a beautiful day, as the day started off rather fresh (as I said, when I left in the morning, my work ute and the ground was covered in ice) Anyway it was a great day overall and a pleasure meeting you (probably should've looked at more cars though) and thanks for putting up the pics of the cars and we'll meet up again in the not too distant future.

Looks like a great day.

Are the green and red Mach 1 owners aware of our site?

Beautiful pictures of the cars and scenery!
Hi Steven,

Many thanks for your kind words. The Mach 1 cars were from another club, and i did not get a chance to meet with the owners and mention our forum as such.

Also, thank you guys for your good comments of the day, and Jason, it was a pleasure to finally meet you and see your great car.

Thanks for sharing the pics! Those ragtops make a great picture! Both very nice cars.

For me it is interesting to observe the differences between the two as they sit side-by-side.

Looks like a fun event.

Ray

Sounds like a great meet-up and thanks for sharing the pics. I've added the "Meet & Greet" awards to both of your profiles!
My pleasure and thank you very much for that Mike. It's much appreciated indeed.

Hi Ray, thanks for that. Yeah, the differences are interesting for sure. Jason's has copped a respray and sits lower. We both have fake side stripes that look different. I've got the big meat rear wheels and rear deck spoiler just to name a few diffs, but it's all good. It is impressive to see the two goldies lined up together isn't it.

Thanks again guys,

Back