Popped back in after a looonnnggg absence

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I had been going through old emails and realized I had not connected with the 71-73 family for a long time. With moving in 2019, COVID everything, job changes for wife and I the last couple of years have been crazy. Just a brief catch-up for my absence, but I hope everyone here who may remember me is doing well and all of the folks that are new a very warm welcome. I have done a few MCA shows and non-MCA shows this past year. Did Ponies In the Smokies in March 2021 with the indoor 58 display. Vary honored to receive Best Of Show for the indoor display. Did Kansas City MCA show and received a Gold in Concourse. Planning for two shows in 2022 (Florence, SC & Evans, GA) and should be able to earn the MCA grill medallion and retire the car from Concourse judging. Fingers crossed all goes well. Finally have a contractor and plans to expand the garage on the new home in the greater Chattanooga, TN area. We moved here in 2019 and with COVID and material costs the garage was put on hold. Put the deposit down with a contractor 2 months ago and expect to break ground mid January expanding the current 2 car shop to 5 1/2 car with area for fab work and clean side and work side. Really looking forward to regular days and nights in a shop working on the next project. Next project car (68 Cyclone) has been sitting in storage since we moved to get the room to work on it. This has given me plenty of time to plan and scope out the project. This will be a full on pro-street build with a full chassis, 18" wide rears and a roots blown BBF. Already have the chassis specked and ready to go once I get the car stripped down and have been in contact with Blair Patrick Enterprises on the motor build. He is a multiple time Engine Masters participant and very well known for his BBF builds. He is also a super nice guy having spoken over the phone with him multiple times in specking out this build.

Anyhow, great to link back to the 71-73 family and I hope to return more regularly now. Safe and Happy New Year to all

Attachments

• PITS trophy.jpg
    PITS trophy.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Cyclone 1.jpg
    Cyclone 1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 18
Welcome back. I think it's been a couple of crazy years for everyone because of covid. I can't imagine trying to move and change jobs during this period. Glad to see things are working out. Hope all goes well with your new garage project.

Now that's going to be a workshop!!!! Glad to see you back.
And my contractor just stopped by with the concrete guy to layout the pour for the footings and slab. Feels finally like it is going to happen after 2 1/2 year delay. Here is the architectural drawing.

Attachments

• dunhamlay6.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
And my contractor just stopped by with the concrete guy to layout the pour for the footings and slab. Feels finally like it is going to happen after 2 1/2 year delay. Here is the architectural drawing.
Nice! Looks like everybody uses 3D CAD software these days.

Oh yeah - Welcome back!

Hello from a Damp England UK, I too have not posted much up this last year, I must admit I went to the Dark side and started using Facebook for the first time, Facebook is OK but the forum is a much more valuable asset IMO. Best wishes everyone for 2022

Not me the architect. I am luck just to get the nut on the bolt.
LOL! Yeah, I was talking about the architect. I was looking to become an architect (or at least 'something' of a draftsman) out of high school (placed 3rd in VICA Nationals, 1986), but the Air Force had other plans. I've seen CAD go from $20K purpose built super-computers, to free apps you can download for your phone. And at that time I thought using a 'drafting machine' (pivotal set of scales on a table-top track system) was such a huge upgrade from a T-square, triangles, and protractors. Those illustrations look a lot like Sweet Home 3D renderings. To stay current with my drawing skills, I've been playing with it building a garage-mahal or two when my wife finds a 'dream home' realty listing now and then (I like to see how I can fit a nice uber-shop into the mix... 'just in case' we win the lottery and get a chance to grab one of those places).

I like what you've got planned. It'll be awesome to see it built, rather than just rendered. I'll bet you're super excited... good for you!

Welcome back Brian. I'm glad to her things are going your way. Congrats on the Concours Gold win. The shop will be great as will the pro-Street Cyclone. keep us updated. Chuck

I had been going through old emails and realized I had not connected with the 71-73 family for a long time. With moving in 2019, COVID everything, job changes for wife and I the last couple of years have been crazy. Just a brief catch-up for my absence, but I hope everyone here who may remember me is doing well and all of the folks that are new a very warm welcome. I have done a few MCA shows and non-MCA shows this past year. Did Ponies In the Smokies in March 2021 with the indoor 58 display. Vary honored to receive Best Of Show for the indoor display. Did Kansas City MCA show and received a Gold in Concourse. Planning for two shows in 2022 (Florence, SC & Evans, GA) and should be able to earn the MCA grill medallion and retire the car from Concourse judging. Fingers crossed all goes well. Finally have a contractor and plans to expand the garage on the new home in the greater Chattanooga, TN area. We moved here in 2019 and with COVID and material costs the garage was put on hold. Put the deposit down with a contractor 2 months ago and expect to break ground mid January expanding the current 2 car shop to 5 1/2 car with area for fab work and clean side and work side. Really looking forward to regular days and nights in a shop working on the next project. Next project car (68 Cyclone) has been sitting in storage since we moved to get the room to work on it. This has given me plenty of time to plan and scope out the project. This will be a full on pro-street build with a full chassis, 18" wide rears and a roots blown BBF. Already have the chassis specked and ready to go once I get the car stripped down and have been in contact with Blair Patrick Enterprises on the motor build. He is a multiple time Engine Masters participant and very well known for his BBF builds. He is also a super nice guy having spoken over the phone with him multiple times in specking out this build.

Anyhow, great to link back to the 71-73 family and I hope to return more regularly now. Safe and Happy New Year to all
Hi Brian,

Happy New Year! It's hard to believe that seven months have passed since I had the pleasure of meeting you and your beautiful car in person at the 1971 to 1973 Mustang 50 years event at Carlise last June.

Rich

Attachments

• 20210603_095359.jpg
    20210603_095359.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi Brian,

Happy New Year! It's hard to believe that seven months have passed since I had the pleasure of meeting you and your beautiful car in person at the 1971 to 1973 Mustang 50 years event at Carlise last June.

Rich
Yes, Rich very hard to believe how time has flown. That was a very fun trip. Had the chance to bring the whole family up so that made it even better. Man it was hot though. First time I had made it to that part of the country and the Ford Nationals. Definitely a great show and a bunch of passionate ford folks. To be out in the show field in that heat says alot.

Back