auto vs manual tranny

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My '68 coupe was an automatic (C4 and a 302). I did the conversion when I put the 393w in. As far as the transmission conversion:

Clutch pedal

Clutch fork

Flywheel (I used a Fidanza aluminum)

Clutch

Pressure plate

Throw out bearing

Bell crank or clutch cable kit. (I used the cable kit) very easy to set up. I can send you pics if you like.

Besides that, you'll probably need to shorten your driveshaft. As for shifters, I always liked Pro-5.0. Nice smooth shifts and short throw. I hope this helps..

Mike

My '68 coupe was an automatic (C4 and a 302). I did the conversion when I put the 393w in. As far as the transmission conversion:

Clutch pedal

Clutch fork

Flywheel (I used a Fidanza aluminum)

Clutch

Pressure plate

Throw out bearing

Bell crank or clutch cable kit. (I used the cable kit) very easy to set up. I can send you pics if you like.

Besides that, you'll probably need to shorten your driveshaft. As for shifters, I always liked Pro-5.0. Nice smooth shifts and short throw. I hope this helps..

Mike
PM'ed

I swapped from a C6 to a T-5 2 years ago... the absolute BEST modification I've done yet. Think of it this way, the C6 takes about 70 horsepower just to drive the trans. A T-5 takes about 15 horsepower. That's a real nice bonus just for starters. You can push start a manual. Besides any PROPER hot rod needs 3 pedals!

The car performs like a completely different car.

I swapped from a C6 to a T-5 2 years ago... the absolute BEST modification I've done yet. Think of it this way, the C6 takes about 70 horsepower just to drive the trans. A T-5 takes about 15 horsepower. That's a real nice bonus just for starters. You can push start a manual. Besides any PROPER hot rod needs 3 pedals!

The car performs like a completely different car.
hmmm seee thats why i want another tranny. i want to have more fun!

Back